Content :

Friday 1 December 2017

7 Songs You Should Listen To : The Return

Hello and welcome to a very exciting blogpost. This month I shall be uploading the 'best' of my blog (excluding "Artist Showcase") and to start it off, we are returning with arguably the best ex-series of this blog's : "7 Songs You Should Listen To". Today I will be showing you seven songs that I cannot get enough of recently in the hope that you will enjoy them (this means there is no "Song Of The Week") so I hope you enjoy!

Billy Carr - Soldier
This is very bizarre to say but we are starting today's post with a song of my own. I am a keen songwriter and I tend to control my emotions through my songs. "Soldier" is such a personal song about grief and moving on from grief and it feels so liberating and touching to have my own song out there for anyone to see. The song may not be out on iTunes or Spotify yet (hopefully it will be one day), but it is on Soundcloud so I cannot tell you how humbled and grateful I would be if you checked it out here. The song is completely a capella and I cannot describe how much work I have put into it; please give it a listen!

Mahalia Feat. Buddy - Hold On
Next up we have an artist that has been featured on this blog a number of times. "Hold On" has been out for a while now but I have somehow never mentioned it before even though I have been obsessed with it for so long. The song is so catchy and Mahalia's voice is just so raspy, incredible and unlike any other voice I know. As well as making sure you listen to this song before, please check out Mahalia's other stuff (an "Artist Showcase" on her may be coming soon). So don't forget to listen on spotify/youtube (I cannot attach it below) as this is a song I seriously think you are missing out on.

Jessie J - Queen
By now you should all know that I am a big Jessie J fan as I look up to her so much as an artist, so I was obviously ecstatic when I found out she was returning to the music world with "Queen". It is fair to say that the single did not disappoint as the song's message all about loving yourself is so empowering and Jessie's voice is just undeniably brilliant. I cannot wait for her fourth album "R.O.S.E." to be released next year and I can promise you a review shall be coming! For the meantime, lets just cherish "Queen" in all it's glory as it is a truly phenomenal song; please listen to the track below...

Fall Out Boy - The Last Of The Real Ones
The fourth song is quite vastly different to any other song in this post as it goes down a more rock/alternative route. I think I have mentioned this on this blog before but one thing to know about me is that I am a Fall Out Boy fan, showing my diverse music taste. One of their latest offerings from their upcoming album "Mania", "The Last Of The Real Ones" is such a good track as not only does it have some lovely husky vocals, the instrumentals are amazing, in particular, the guitar riffs. If you are trying to venture into another genre with your musical taste and fancy something different, try listening to Fall Out Boy as they are really great and different. 

Sam Smith - One Last Song
Honestly, I can't really remember the last time I did a blogpost and did not mention Sam Smith; I am just loving him so much lately and his album has been playing on repeat! The song I am sharing with you today is "One Last Song", Sam's second single from the album (which he has just released a music video to) and what attracts me to the song is the gospel-vibes that the song brings me. As we all know, Sam Smith loves writing from heartbreak and this song is a prime example of that as this song is utterly brilliant! Like always, Sam Smith's vocals are on point and the song is so upbeat even though it is about a subject that isn't typically so happy. Heres a video of him singing the track live...

Next Town Down - Man On The Loose
Penultimately, we have Next Town Down, a band which have been featured on this blog a number of times before with there second single "Man On The Loose". I have been loving the band recently and it was honestly so hard to choose between this and their third single "Feeling Myself" as they are both phenomenal, however, I chose this track because the song is so catchy and all of the boys' vocals are crazily good! If you want a new band and a new song to fall in love with, I would certainly recommend Next Town Down as they are fresh, current and so underrated and this song is unlike any other that I've heard recently; you need to hear it.

Little Mix - Is Your Love Enough?
Last but not least we have some of my four favourite girls Little Mix who I recently saw on their "Glory Days Tour" (review post coming next week) and during this tour of their's, they released the 'platinum' edition of the "Glory Days" featuring three new brilliant songs of which I wish were all in here. However, "Is Your Love Enough?" has to troop the others as not only is the song catchy, each of the girl's vocals are some of their best. Even if you may not be a massive Little Mix fan, please give this song a try as it is very different for them yet classic Little Mix. A taster of the song is down below...

So I hoped you enjoyed today's post. Next week, like I previously stated, I shall be uploading a post on my time at Little Mix's "Glory Days" Tour which was a fun time so I hope you are all as excited as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment