Content :

Friday 20 October 2017

Lorde's Melodrama World Tour ~ 30/9/17

Hello and welcome to another blogpost. Today I am sharing with you guys a review of my time at Lorde's "Melodrama" world tour. The Brighton Centre may have not allowed me to use my camera but that did not matter in the slightest as the concert was possibly the best I have ever been to at the venue.

So back on the 30th September, I arrived in the (very cold and windy) queue at around quarter-to six and unlike my previous Sarah Close gig, the queue was massive but thankfully I wasn't too far back. After more than an hour of waiting it was finally time to enter the venue which I was so grateful for as I was freezing at the time. I have been to the Brighton Centre several times now so I knew what to expect but I pushed my way near to the front of the standing and I could not be more excited!

Before Lorde, there was Khalid who I was a massive fan of already, something that is very rare with support acts. He sang the majority of his debut album and it's safe to say he was phenomenal! He had his own innovative set and he commanded the stage immensely well; I fell in love with him so much more after the gig. When Khalid was on, the stage was full of these pillars of light which changed colour and I can tell you now that they were so aesthetically pleasing to everyone in the crowd.

As he sang the majority of his "American Teen" album, Khalid sang some great songs that certainly had me singing and dancing along. In particular, I loved "Young, Dumb & Broke" which may be pretty mainstream but I think it is my favourite track of his; at the end of the day, it's the only track of his to feature as my "Song Of The Week". I also wanted to mention "8TEEN" as it was incredible and it got me dancing along to it, making me add it to my playlist post-concert.


About half-an-hour after Khalid's set ended, it was time for the main event, Lorde! She was unbelievably good! She sang so many songs that everyone loved and knew and she got every single person in the arena on their feet. What amazed me the most about this concert was this unique and energetic persona that Lorde brought to the stage as I have never seen anything like it before. The changing backdrop was incredible and her voice is so raw and special, making it feel like a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

Even though there were so many great performances to chose from, the best performance of Lorde's had to be "Green Light" as you could tell that absolutely everyone (Lorde, her band, the audience, even the security) was sharing this unique moment and loving and cherishing it. In addition to this, her vocals were amazing in the song and there was confetti in the air, showering down on me and the rest of the audience. It is a moment in my life that I will certainly never forget!


Overall, the gig left me speechless and I can honestly say that it is 'up there' with some of the best concerts I have ever been to; it definitely was the best one I have ever been to in the Brighton Centre. I was honestly not expecting it to be nearly as good as it was so I would really recommend you see Lorde (or Khalid) whenever you possibly can as it is a show you will not forget!

Song Of The Week :
This week's "Song Of The Week" is a little different to any other song featured here because it doesn't have any lyrics. The song is "Bloodstream" by Tokio Myers who I am a massive fan of after seeing him triumph on "Britain's Got Talent". Tokio is so unique as an artist as he mashes up old classical pieces with modern day hits, this time mashing up Debussy's "Clair De Lune" and Ed Sheeran's "Bloodstream" in a way that is so perfect. I cannot wait for his debut album to be released later this year.

Whilst we are talking about Tokio Myers, next week's post will be a long-awaited "Artist Showcase" on him so I hoped you enjoyed this week's post and are excited for next week's!

No comments:

Post a Comment