Content :

Friday 28 April 2017

Bruno Mars' 24k Magic World Tour ~ 19/4/17

Hello and welcome to another blogpost. Today i will be reviewing my time at Bruno Mars' concert earlier this month which was probably one of the best concerts I have ever been to (excluding Beyonce of course). One slight problem for this post was at this concert I decided to not take as many photos in order to enjoy the concert more which means some of the photos in this post may not be mine. With that being said, lets carry on with the post!

Just like many other concerts that I have reviewed on this blog, the event was at The O2 which you all know I love. The venue has such an amazing atmosphere and no matter where you sit (even near the very top which was where I was sat), if you're listening to good music, you can't possibly not enjoy a gig there! The stage was also unlike any other that I had seen before, transforming throughout Bruno's electrifying set meaning I simply cannot show you some photos, even if they weren't taken by me.

Next up, we have the support act : Anderson Paak. For the first time in what seems like forever, I actually knew who the support act was and I enjoyed his music (as you would've been able to tell if you have been reading since my "7 Songs You Should Listen To" series that he was featured him); if I am being honest, he certainly did not disappoint! He got the crowd jumping along and he performed some of my personal favourite's of his such as "Put Me Thru" and "Come Down". Here are some pictures to show just how great the performer was.

After taking in the beautiful stage and enjoying Anderson Paak's rapping, it was time for the main event which I was so thoroughly excited for as I had actually never seen Bruno Mars before. The second he came on stage, I was immediately filled with happiness! Bruno and his band were such incredible entertainers throughout the whole show, getting everyone dancing and singing along whilst they were on stage. I don't think anyone in the entire arena was not having fun which was the exact reason why I put my camera away, to take in all of this unbelievable atmosphere. However, I did manage to take one photo which I thought was worthy of my blog (to your right).

Bruno Mars sang the perfect ratio of new and old songs on his tour, performing the majority of his "24k Magic" album (which is the second most-viewed post on my blog by the way) as well as several old favourites such as "Grenade" and "Runaway Baby". My favourite of his performances though has to be "Marry You" as not only is it one of my favourite songs of his, this song, if I had to choose one out of all of the songs, was the one that really got everyone dancing along. The track is also such a happy one so when Bruno performed it, everyone's moods were suddenly lifted!

Overall, the concert was so incredible that I was left speechless! If you had to ask me to rank all of the concerts that I have been to in the past, I would probably rank this one in the top five as everything about it was just extraordinary. If you are ever lucky enough to get the chance to see Bruno Mars or attend a concert at The O2, you should definitely do so as everything about both of them is so unique and individual.

Song Of The Week :
This week's "Song Of The Week" is one that I have only listened to a few times as it came out yesterday but I fell in love with the track as soon as I heard it; that song is "Young And Menace" by Fall Out Boy. Although I do not listen to a lot of other artists like Fall Out Boy, I have been a fan of them for quite a while now and I love how this song is so diverse in comparison to their other material, and in fact, anything I have ever heard before! This track is so moody yet energetic and I really feel you guys need to listen to it as soon as possible.
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this post regarding my time seeing Bruno Mars live. Next week I will be doing a rather different post about my GCSE's and how i'm going to conquer them in the hope that it will help one of you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment