Content :

Saturday 23 December 2017

Little Mix's Glory Days Tour ~ 25/11/17

Hello and welcome to another blogpost! Today I shall be reviewing my time at Little Mix's latest tour which (spoiler alert) was incredible so I hope you enjoy!

On the 25th of November, I travelled down to The O2 in London to go and see Little Mix at their sold-out gig. As I was seated, there was luckily no queue meaning there was no rushing or chaos, creating a bizarre and tranquil experience. Even though I may have been seated on Level 4 (the highest tier at the arena), my seat was very good as I was directly opposite the stage and got a beautiful view of the entire arena and it's flashing lights.

After an hour or two of average support acts and waiting, it was finally time for Little Mix to come on to the stage and they were not disappointing at all. I brought the tickets to the concert a long time ago and the wait was unbearable but that did not bother me in the slightest as the four girls put on such a show that not only amazed me but the rest of the 20,000 people sharing the experience with me. All of their hour-and-a-half set was phenomenal and I just wish I could go back now.

Like I previously said, as I brought the tickets so long ago, I had hardly heard much of their "Glory Days" album live meaning I was chuffed to finally experience it live. In particular, I loved their opening song "Power" (which you all should know), "F.U." and "Reggaeton Lento" as they are all so different for the girls and really show how diverse they are trying to make their music. I can't really say any of the songs were unsettling though as each of their voices are so amazing and professional nowadays if you think back to when they were on X Factor.

One thing that was particularly special about the concert was the outfits that Little Mix donned throughout the gig. The concert started off with the four girls in black leather outfits of all kinds, showing their slim figures whilst leaving them not overheated on the stage which can get extremely hot. The girls then came on in some truly extraordinary colourful outfits (to your right) which you can only describe as a western/angelic crossover. This was easily my favourite outfit set of the night. After this, for their final outfits, the girls came out in some hauntingly beautiful skull-inspired outfits. These outfits even had bandanas covering their mouths, giving them a eery yet beautiful feel.

Furthermore, another great thing about the concert was how I managed to get some brilliant photos (as you have already seen), however, the picture to your right in particular is my favourite as I love how fierce the girls are in front of the almost-symmetrical fire, giving me empowering vibes; the picture is also my current lock screen on my phone. Referring back to the earlier paragraph, another great thing about the many outfit changes was that I got to capture several different great photos of the girls looking completely different to before, making me fall in love with the gig even more!

So overall, the concert was incredible and possibly the best of Little Mix's tours I have ever been to (and I have been to every single one). Even though I may have been high up in the arena, it kind of ended up giving me a more atmospheric feel as I could take in all of the sights. If you ever have the chance, please go and see Little Mix on their upcoming tour as I promise you will have the time of your life and will certainly not regret it, I have not once regretted seeing Little Mix and I don't think I will ever do so in the future.

Song Of The Week :
Today my "Song Of The Week" is by an artist who I have been loving for a long time now: her name is Jorja Smith and the song is "Teenage Fantasy". Jorja recently won 2018's BRITs Critics Choice Award and she is honestly so deserving of it, her smooth jazzy vocals are so desirable and the fact that every one of her songs is incredibly catchy is a real achievement. Please go and check her out as soon as you can alongside this song.
So I hope you enjoyed this blogpost, check back tomorrow where I shall be uploading a post consisting of all of my best songs of 2017, I hope you will enjoy that post too!

No comments:

Post a Comment