Content :

Friday 4 August 2017

My Favourite Beyonce Songs (10 - 1)

Hello and welcome to the finale of my first ever mini series on this blog. Today I shall be revealing my top ten Beyonce songs as well as attaching the songs features (when possible). This is going to be a long and exciting post so get ready...

No. 10 = Drunk In Love
In tenth place we have one of Beyonce's most recent classics. This song is so catchy and I cannot help but singalong whenever it comes on. The song also shows how powerful Beyonce and Jay-Z are as they can literally dance on a beach and have critics praise the video but lets be honest, who doesn't love their relationship (even though it may be fairly controversial). In 2014, I saw Beyonce and Jay-Z perform this track together and I can definitely say it was one of the best moments of my entire life, meaning the song means a lot to me.

No. 9 = Sandcastles
Next up in number nine we have "Sandcastles", my favourite track from "Lemonade"! The reason why I am such a fan of this song is because it is so emotional and raw, not forgetting how catchy it is. I am not even lying when I say that I cried when I first heard the track as "Lemonade" as an album tells such a story and this song is the 'perfect resolution'. If I ever heard this song live, I would certainly be in tears like I was when I saw Beyonce's GRAMMY performance of it but for now I'll just be forever in awe of the track.


No. 8 = Sweet Dreams
In eight place is "Sweet Dreams", a song which I think was highly under-appreciated, even if it was released as a single. This track has some unbelievable vocals and is probably one of Beyonce's catchiest songs, making me love it as much as I do. Just like "Sandcastles", I bet this song would be incredible live but I have sadly never seen it live. This song is fierce and I only think it wasn't highly-appreciated because it got overshadowed by hits such as "Single Ladies" and "Halo". Anyways, I can get enough of this so you should not get enough of it either!

No. 7 = I Care
Number seven on my countdown is "I Care" which I think I would describe as Beyonce's most soulful song, a title which obviously means I cannot get enough of the track. It is very surprising that hardly anyone has heard of this song as I cannot praise it enough. The song has great vocals, a chilled-out instrumental and a catchy chorus; what more could you want?! Seriously though, if you haven't heard this song before, please listen to it below as you won't regret it (it is even better live as you can really sense the power and passion within Queen Bey's voice).


No. 6 = Love On Top
Just missing out on a spot in the top 5 we have another song from Beyonce's "4" album but this is one that you should all know! "Love On Top" is such an iconic R&B song for so many reasons. It is so catchy, every time you listen it makes you want to sing and/or dance-along and most important of all, it was the song Beyonce sang before she reveals she was pregnant with Blue Ivy, an event that was so iconic! The song is also absolutely electric live as everyone enjoys it so you certainly should too, it is a song that is 'one-of-a-kind'.

No. 5 = Superpower
When Beyonce released her self-titled album back in 2013 and I saw that she had collaborated with Frank Ocean, I knew that it was going to be one of my favourite tracks of hers (before I had even heard it in fact); the song did not disappoint. What makes the song stand out over the rest is it's harmonies and the contrast between Beyonce's high voice and Frank's low voice, the song is truly something else so I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a new song to fall in love with. Beyonce and Frank Ocean must've had their own kind of superpowers to create this empowering track.

No. 4 = 1+1
In fourth place we have yet another song from Beyonce's "4" album (can you tell that its my favourite yet?!) and this time it is a slower number; its the beautiful "1+1". This song is one of my favourite Beyonce ballads because it feels so intimate and personal (it only features Beyonce's vocals and a piano). The song also features vocals which I think could possibly be Beyonce's best. If you somehow have never heard this song, please listen to it because you are missing out if you don't!

No. 3 = Why Don't You Love Me
Taking the bronze position we have "Why Don't You Love Me" which is a sassy and empowering song for all people who want some attention from their lovers. The song is so catchy and features some truly amazing vocals that anyone would be blessed to carry out. If I am being honest, I would probably have to say that "I Am Sasha Fierce" is my least favourite album because it is so pop-orientated but this song makes the album so much greater. This is a song that you need to hear...

No. 2 = Countdown
In second place, almost becoming my favourite Beyonce song, we have "Countdown" which always makes me want to just get up and dance! The song and its beat are so infectious that I genuinely think it is almost impossible to not fall in love with it. In addition to this, the music video to the track is so colourful and abstract, making it one of my favourite ever music videos; when this is accompanied by catchy lyrics and several vocal techniques, the song becomes flawless. If you haven't listened to this and have been living under a rock, go and do it asap.

No. 1 = Listen
Finally, after 49 other amazing songs, my favourite ever Beyonce song is the phenomenal "Listen"! This song has so many great features, making it pretty much perfection! First of all, the vocals are on-of-a-kind and some which everyone aspires to achieve. Alongside this, the lyrics are so meaningful and catchy that you just have to singalong whenever you listen; lastly, the song is from the movie "Dreamgirls" which is one of my favourite films of all time, adding to my admiration of it. This song is a masterpiece and I cannot praise it enough so surely you must love it too. If you don't, what is wrong with you? This is heavenly!

Song Of The Week :
This week's "Song Of The Week" is a song by an artist that I have only recently discovered, her name is L Devine and her song is "School Girls". This track actually got into my ears through a YouTube ad and I immediately fell in love with it. The reason why I love it so much is because it is so relatable and honest. The vocals may not be incredible but they're not bad; the message behind this song makes up for that though. I would certainly suggest you listen to "School Girls" as it is a beautiful song.
So I hoped you enjoyed the finale of "My Favourite Beyonce Songs"! Please let me know if you would like another mini-series like this one as I enjoyed writing it. Next week I shall be uploading a new style of post on Disney movies so get excited for that!


No comments:

Post a Comment