Content :

Saturday 10 June 2017

Shawn Mendes' Illuminate World Tour ~ 1/6/17

Hello and welcome to another blogpost. Today I will be reviewing my time at Shawn Mendes' Illuminate Tour which was absolutely brilliant, even if I may have been severely rushed going up there (there was a lot of kerfuffle as to who would be accompanying me and my friend, leading me to think that I wouldn't be able to go) which also meant that I did not take my camera with me. Anyways, lets carry on with the post!

I got on the train to London at about 17:45 (the latest I have ever been to a concert) because I finally found out the good news that I could attend the gig. Sure, I may have been very rushed and I still needed to have dinner but I can't deny that the spontaneity of it all did give me bit of the thrill. Once we got into the O2 and had some dinner, we arrived just in time; as soon as we got in our seats, Shawn was about to come on! I must also say that the fans at this concert (which was sold-out by the way) were possibly some of the best at any concert I have been too, the screams were deafening and absolutely everyone (including myself) new all the worlds. This made the atmosphere so electrifying yet humbling and I don't think I will ever forget it.

Shawn Mendes started off with just him and his guitar before bursting into his most-current hit "There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back" which got everyone singing straight away. The Canadian superstar also belted out the rest of his 'hit singles'. These included "Stitches", "Mercy" and "Treat You Better" which was surprisingly my favourite of his hits. The reason as to why this song, which was the last he sang, stood out to me was because he completely switched the track up, starting off performing it with just a piano before evolving into the traditional guitar instrumental that the song has; I loved it!

Throughout this set of (approximately) twenty songs, Shawn sang a real variety of tracks, including ones from his latest album and his first release "Handwritten". First of all, I loved when he mashed-up a few of the songs from the earlier release nearer the beginning as it showed that he was not 'one of those artists' who just performs all of his album at once; the song in this mashup were "I Don't Even Know Your Name", "Aftertaste" and most importantly "Kid In Love" which may even be my favourite song of his. I must also mention "Never Be Alone" which was such an emotional song, leaving the packed-out crowd with their flashlights on and their arms in the air, emphasising this unbelievable crowd that I will never forget - if only you were there to experience it with me!

It is honestly so hard to name what my favourite song was that he performed so I am going to have to name a few. Firstly, "No Promises" was amazing and it is one of my favourites from his "Illuminate" album; it did not disappoint. Also, "Bad Reputation" was mind-blowing as Shawn portrayed so much soul and passion whilst singing the song and it's emotional lyrics and lastly, I'm going to have to mention "Never Be Alone" just simply because of the breathtaking atmosphere that it created (not forgetting how emotional the song is). Overall, the concert was lovely and I was so happy that I attended it after all of the chaos before. I think I loved the concert so much that I would probably rank it second out of all of the concerts I have seen this year (after Bruno Mars). I would certainly recommend you see the teenage sensation live as he is incredible!

Song Of The Week : 
This week's "Song Of The Week" is one by my favourite contestants from X Factor last year. They are called 5 After Midnight and they have just released their debut single "Up In Here", which was also written by MNEK (someone who you all know I absolutely love). The song samples DMX's "Party Up" and even though I am not usually a fan of sampling other songs, I think this song is great. If you ask me, the trio remind me of a modern-day JLS and I tip them for huge success in the future; I think they deserve it. Please give this song as much support as you can as I really do love this track.
So I hope you enjoyed this post reviewing my time at Shawn Mendes' gig. Next week I will be returning with another instalment of my "Favourite Beyonce Songs" series so get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment