Content :

Thursday 4 May 2017

My Favourite Beyonce Songs (50 - 41)

Hello and welcome to a new mini-series on this blog where I countdown my top 50 songs from my queen Beyonce. There will be five different posts guiding you all the way through from number 50 to number 1, showcasing ten songs in each one. Lets get started...

No. 50 = No Angel
The first song in this countdown is in here for several reasons. The first of which is the vocals throughout which I feel are quite frankly ridiculous! Her vocals are higher than any song that I have heard before and I think anyone would want to have them. The second reason as to why the song is so great is because it is so catchy! Even whilst writing this paragraph, I am singing the lyrics in my head as just cant not do it, they are too infectious.

No. 49 = Grown Woman 
Number 49 is another song for Beyonce's self-titled album (which is one of my favourites by the way) but I originally fell in love with it when it was featured in a Pepsi advert including Beyonce. One of the main reasons as to why I love it so much is because it is just so honest and sassy which I feel you don't tend to hear that often anymore in today's music world. Just like "No Angel", this song is also quite catchy (as are most Beyonce songs to be honest) so this is definitely a song that you should listen to!

No. 48 = Baby Boy
This next song is one that you may know as it came from Beyonce's very first album "Dangerously In Love". What I love about this song so much is the fact that it just always makes you want to dance along to it. It also reminds me of when I have seen Beyonce live (aka some of the best nights of my life) as she always adds this track to her set, probably because she nows everyone like myself will love it. If I am being honest, "Dangerously In Love" is probably one of my least favourite Beyonce albums but this song is just simply incredible!

No. 47 = If I Were A Boy
First of all, if you somehow haven't heard this song, where have you been for your entire life?! "If I Were A Boy" is certainly one of Beyonce's more popular songs and I think it features some brilliant vocals! The only reason as to why it is so low on this countdown is because it was just so overplayed, as was the majority of her "I Am Sasha Fierce" album which made me get a little fed up with it. I cannot deny that this is a good song and I do find myself singing it a lot but I would not say that it was ever my favourite.

No. 46 = Heaven
I would describe this song as possibly Beyonce's most emotional song as when first heard, I could honestly not hold back the tears! The song is based on Beyonce's friend who sadly passed away and how "Heaven couldn't wait" for her as she was so wonderful. The whole of this song is so touching and amazing and the only reason why it is so low in my chart is because it isn't the type of song that you would 'sing along' to. I beg that you all listen to this song as I feel it is just phenomenal!
No. 45 = Upgrade U
Next up we have a song that is so incredibly catchy, so catchy in fact that once you hear it, it will not get out of your head. The song features Beyonce's hubby Jay-Z and even though you may not think it, I actually think this song has a great message, stating that 'if someone isn't treating you right or isn't good enough, just go and upgrade them', showing her and her husband as the perfect example of that. Beyonce's "B'Day" album is incredible so I would certainly recommend that you listen to it, and this song whilst you're at it.

No. 44 = Ring Off
"Ring Off" is a song that I think is severely overlooked on Beyonce's fifth album, possibly because it is only featured on the deluxe version; the song is a great and catchy song that will get anyone singing along but I think hardly anyone actually knows about it. Whenever this track comes on on my Beyonce playlist (my spotify is billy.carr by the way), I cannot help but either sing or lip-sync along as it is just too catchy. After reading this post, before listening to anything else, please give this song a listen as I reckon you will fall in love with it just like I did.

No. 43 = I Miss You
In 43rd place we have the first song in this countdown from Beyonce's album "4" which I would say is my favourite as it redefines R&B music! The reason why I put "I Miss You" in here is because although the vocals might not be overly incredible, the song has so much soul and it is fairly catchy for a low-tempo song. Fun fact, the song was also co-written by none other than Frank Ocean which makes me love it even more! All the way throughout the lyrics are just so meaningful that I could not leave it out of this chart; it ticks all of the boxes of what you want in a song.

No. 42 = Green Light
The penultimate song in this post is the second song from Bey's second album in the post and just like "Upgrade U", this song is unbelievably catchy! The song is one of 'those' songs that just always puts you in a good mood and makes you want to sing or dance along. The song also features some great vocals considering its an upbeat song, making it one song that I adore! This is one that you should really listen to as you will definitely, certainly, unquestionably enjoy!

No. 41 = Rather Die Young
The final song in today's post is one that I actually wish was my own! The song is so soulful and raw throughout and Beyonce's vocals are to die for. She puts so much passion and aggression into this song everytime that she sings it which can only make you fall in love with it even more (this seems to be a running theme throughout her "4" album). Even though the song isn't the most uptempo song that I have ever heard, I have to sing along with it's catchy lyrics whenever I listen, even if I don't come anywhere close to matching Beyonce's crazy vocals!

Song Of The Week : 
Even though I feel like I have been talking about songs forever in this post, I cant miss out my "Song Of The Week" so this week the song is "Hard Times" by Paramore, a band who you may consider 'alternative' like Fall Out Boy who were my previous "Song Of The Week". The reason why I love this song so much is the fact that Paramore manage to turn the "Hard Times" that are featured in the song into a song that sounds happy, distracting you from your "Hard Times". I have been a fan of Paramore for a long time now and this song only extends my love for them!
So I hope you enjoyed this (rather long) first instalment of my new series. Next week I will be doing another "Artist Showcase" post on an artist that you all know I love; his name is Sonny so get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment