Content :

Friday 28 July 2017

Lovebox Festival ~ 14/7/17

Hello and welcome to another blogpost with yours truly. Today I shall be doing another review; this time on Lovebox Festival and all of the fun I had there. I saw some amazing people throughout the day so I hope you enjoy! Before I start however, I must apologise for the lack of upload last week. It was my birthday last week and I was in my school show the week before so I had no time at all to write a post. Anyways, lets proceed...

One thing I love about festivals is that the majority of the people there are just 'enjoying life' and you sensed this immediately when you walked into Victoria Park (the venue of the festival). There were tents scattered around featuring all kinds of music as well as stalls of food and unique items. Everyone was dressed up in their festival gear and was ready to enjoy the show, including myself; this was the ultimate festival atmosphere!

The first person I saw live at the festival was Kaytranada, a DJ who I have been a fan of for an incredibly long time; his music has even been featured on this blog before ("Got It Good (Feat. Craig David)"). The DJ certainly did not disappoint and he had the crowd jumping throughout his set on a stage which had such a great atmosphere (The "Noisey" Stage) with banners hanging down from the roof. Kaytranada performed some of his most popular songs as well as remixes of other artists performing on the night such as Solange and Mac Miller. I can honestly say he is one of the best DJ's that I have ever seen.

Next up we had Sampha who is an artist who I can simply not praise enough! His entire set was so beautiful, especially the look of it which had the two white members of the band wearing all white and the two black members wearing absolutely anything. if you have read my blog for a while you will know that I have been obsessing over Sampha's song "(No One Knows Me) Like The Piano" for ages now and the song nearly brought a tear to my eye when I saw it live as it was so incredible. I was definitely not expecting him to be as good as he was and I would recommend seeing him to anyone at all!

After Sampha we had Solange, someone who many people may just know as Beyonce's little sister but she is honestly so much more than that! Throughout her massive set, she sang the majority of her recent album "A Seat At The Table" which I am a massive fan of and she also brought Sampha to collaborate with her on "Don't Touch My Hair", my personal favourite of her songs. One thing I must say about the American artist is that she is such a performer, putting on a show like none I have ever seen before. I would happily see Solange again and I would recommend all of you try to do the same.

Lastly, we have the headliner of this amazing festival, someone who I have waited forever to see; his name is Frank Ocean. Most of you will know that Frank is one of my favourite artists in the entire world so it was a rather emotional time to witness him live! Frank sang the majority of his latest record ("Blonde") as well as a few old favourites and I also managed to take a few photos that I am proud of, making the event even better and even more immersive.

My favourite song from his monster 'hour-and-a-half' set, if I had to pick one, would be "Self Control" as the song is so mellow and tranquil, making the 60,000 people-strong crowd seem intimate; his vocals are so smooth and sultry, more than anyone else I know. In addition to this, it was unbelievable when he sang "Thinking 'Bout You" as everyone was joining in and his falsetto was just as good as it is on the record! I must say, after Beyonce, Frank Ocean is the best person I have seen live as he created an atmosphere and an experience that I will never forget!

To conclude, the 14th July 2017 is a day that I will never forget as not only did I see one of my favourite artists in the form of Frank Ocean, everyone I saw and the atmosphere were amazing. Lovebox Festival was so good and even though I may only have Wild Life Festival to compare it to, it was the best festival that I have ever been to. Next year I hope to go to this amazing event again and I recommend you do the same as you will one-hundred percent not regret it.

Song Of The Week :
To finish off this post, I have to mention the "Song Of The Week" which, this week, is Demi Lovato's "Sorry Not Sorry". If you read my blog you'll know that I am a big Demi Lovato fan so I was so incredibly happy when she returned to the music industry with "Sorry Not Sorry", a song that is just so empowering. The song features some great vocals and a great beat so I would highly suggest you start listening to it; the song is also probably my favourite at the moment so I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

So I hope you enjoyed this review. Next week I shall be uploading the final instalment of my "Top 50 Beyonce Songs" mini-series so get excited for that!



No comments:

Post a Comment