Content :

Friday 7 July 2017

My Favourite Beyonce Songs (20 - 11)

Hello and welcome to another blogpost. Today I will be giving you the fourth instalment of my "Favourite Beyonce Songs" series but before I start I must say thank you for the immense support on my latest post. The post is now my most-viewed post after just a week and it feels so nice to pour my heart out and have people appreciate it. Anyways, lets get on with todays post where we countdown from 20 to 11...

No. 20 = Partition
Kicking off todays post we have a song that may not feature the most desirable vocals but is certainly a song you can sing or dance along to whenever. "Partition" is definitely one of Beyonce's catchiest songs which is why I am such a fan of it and why I struggle to not singalong to the track whenever I listen. Also, in the audio version of the track which is merged with "Yonce", the song features possibly the catchiest rap ever so I really suggest you go and listen to it!

No. 19 = Daddy Lessons
Only one woman can manage to fuse Country into R&B and that woman is Beyonce! "Daddy Lessons" is such an infectious song and one that should really get you singing along and, unlike the previous song, this song features some great vocals that I bet anyone wishes they had. This song made me (a person who isn't the biggest fan of country music) fall in love with it so I really hope it will make you fall in love with it too; this song is ridiculously underrated!

No. 18 = Flaws And All
Next up is one of my favourite Beyonce ballads, hence why it is so far up the chart. "Flaws And All" is such a stripped-back song that I think anyone can relate to as it is so relatable. I am someone who loves when a song is completely honest which is why I find this song so amazing. The track also features some great vocals and vocal techniques that I honestly think everyone needs to hear so go and listen to this unbelievable song!

No. 17 = Rocket
In the last instalment of this series I talked about how saucy "Dance For You" was but this song certainly tops that! Accompanied by a saucy video, I think anyone gets a bit hot and flustered by this song, no matter what gender/sexuality you are. The song is also a rather catchy one, only adding to my love for it so please listen and take in this song and all of it's beautifulness as I can promise you you will not forget it.

No. 16 = Work It Out
The next song in this post is the last song from "Dangerously In Love" in my countdown and there are so many reasons as to why this song is my favourite album. Firstly, its hard to not sing along to this song and it always tries to make me dance. In addition to this, the song is featured in "Austin Powers : Goldmember" which is a film that I love and a film that also features Queen Bey. Give this track a listen as it is such a feel-good song that I bet you will love.

No. 15 = Schoolin' Life
As we pass the halfway point of this blogpost we are greeted with yet another song that makes you want to dance. Like the previous track, "Schoolin' Life" is such a feel-good song that features some amazing vocals; the only reason why this song is not in the top 10 is because it isn't one of those Beyonce songs that everyone knows as it was only featured on the deluxe edition of her "4" album. If I had several people to sing along to this tune with, this song would be much higher in the chart but I guess it is just too underrated. That does not mean you shouldn't listen to it though...

No. 14 = Sorry
Even though this next song may not feature loads of incredible vocals, "Sorry" is possibly one of the catchiest Beyonce songs around (especially in her previous couple of albums). Also, the song's beat is so infectious that it just always makes me want to dance along. Lastly, another factor contributing to my love of this song is its video which I feel is so empowering to all women, making me feel happy even though I may not be of that gender. Anyways, give this song a listen whenever you can.

No. 13 = End Of Time
At number thirteen is yet another song from Beyonce's "4" album (and there is a lot more to come by the way) and this song is so bloody empowering, just like "Sorry" before. What makes this song beat its competitor though is the crazy vocals maintained throughout the track alongside the catchy lyrics and the infectious instrumental. This song also reminds me of when I saw Bey live as this song is so incredible to witness live; its something I will never forget so make sure you listen to it!

No. 12 = Formation
An ongoing theme throughout today's post is empowerment and the don't come more empowering than "Formation"! The song is about ladies sticking up for what they believe in and gaining some much needed equality which I feel is so deserved. I remember watching the most recent Super Bowl for the first time and seeing Bey perform this with all of this 'army' of girls by her side, even i felt empowered as a man so you should really give this song the attention that it deserves.

No. 11 = Best Thing I Never Had
Rounding off today's blogpost is such an amazing ballad from Beyonce and one that I cannot get enough of! What makes this song so amazing in my eyes is the fact  that it not only has unbelievably good vocals, it has meaningful lyrics and it is so catchy. Even whilst writing this post and listening to other music, I am singing the song in my head as I cant get enough of it and I bet you won't be able to get enough of it once you listen as it is incredible!

Song Of The Week :
Although I have been talking about songs for a long time, I cannot leave out the "Song Of The Week" and this week it is a great one. The song is called "Good Times" and it is by Next Town Down who are a band who I recently discovered and cannot get enough of (probably meaning an "Artist Showcase" is on its way). Both their individual voices and their harmonies are so incredible so please listen to it.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed todays post. Next week I will be back with another album review, this time Calvin Harris' "Funk Wave Bounces Vol.1" which I feel may be the soundtrack to my summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment