Content :

Friday 11 August 2017

7 Disney Movies That You Should Watch

Hello and welcome to another blogpost! Today I shall be uploading a post slightly different to my usual music-related content as I will be talking about 7 Disney movies that you should watch. These films include Live Action and Animated films as well as Disney Classics and Disney films you may have never heard of before. With that in mind, lets get into it...

The Jungle Book
We are kicking off todays post with an absolute classic! This film is one of my favourite Disney movies and its soundtrack is my favourite of any Disney movie. The film has been popular ever since its release nearly 50 years ago and features characters you cannot help but love! "The Bare Necessities" and "I Wanna Be Like You" are so iconic so if you have been living under a rock and have never seen this movie about a boy raised in the jungle or its Live Action remake, you should really go and see it as you are certainly missing out!

Big Hero 6
Next we move on to a fairly recent addition to the Disney family and it is definitely an emotional addition. I remember when I first watched "Big Hero 6" (a film about a boy and his personal companion who help save his invention) and I cried twice as the film is so very tear-jerking. Since watching the film, Baymax has become one of my favourite characters of any Disney film, just showing how much I love this film. This is definitely a film I would recommend watching as it offers a unique take on the overused 'united friends save the day' kind of plot.

The Good Dinosaur
From one emotional film to another, "The Good Dinosaur" is another film that made me cry several times. For some reason, I never watched this film when it came out as I don't feel it really got the promotion it deserved and I only watched the film about six months ago, however, when I did finally watch the movie, I instantly regretted not watching it before. The film makes Dinosaurs seem so loveable and sweet which I just love so go and watch this whenever you can ; it is truly and utterly amazing.

Camp Rock 1 & 2
This next film series is very different to the past three but it is still just as good, if not better! "Camp Rock" is a Disney Channel Original Movie (DCOM) and I love every single song and moment from it. The film features Demi Lovato who you all know I love and the film is such a feel-good movie throughout it all. The sequel, "Camp Rock 2 : The Final Jam", is just as good as the one before which is why I mentioned it alongside its processor. If you are looking for a fun, new(ish) musical film to watch, I suggest you go with "Camp Rock" as it is my favourite DCOM (even over the "High School Musical" trilogy).

Lilo & Stitch
The fifth movie in today's post is another classic and another one of my all-time favourite Disney films (behind one other film which is also in this post). "Lilo & Stitch" is such an iconic film with such a great message that 'anyone can find family'. Stitch is so cute and is my favourite ever Disney character, I cant get enough of him. Everything about this film is amazing : the island setting, the characters, the music, everything! I can honestly not recommend this film enough if you have somehow never seen it before and even if you have seen it before. How can you not love this film?!

Descendants 1 & 2
The penultimate set of films in todays post is the newest one as it's sequel only came out last month. "Descendants" is a very unique film as it focuses on the 'next generation' of Disney protagonists and villains making me fall in love with how bizarre it is. The film is also a musical one and is filled with many songs that I'll bet you'll love like I did. "Descendants 2" is, in my opinion, even better than the first one and it also features Chyna Anne McClain who I loved in "A.N.T Farm" who is Uma, the daughter of The Little Mermaid's Ursula. These movies are so innovative and I would say they're certainly worth the watch.
Bolt
Finally we have my favourite Disney movie of all time! I don't know what it is about "Bolt" but I just love it so much as I think it is one-hundred percent the most underrated Disney film. I am not a big animal person myself but I cant help but fall in love with Bolt, Mittens and Rhino in the film. To be honest, I would not be surprised if you haven't heard of this movie before as it did not get as much promotion or praise as it deserved but this is such an incredible film about unlikely friendship and teamwork. Whenever you can, you simply must watch this film as it is unbelievably brilliant.

Song Of The Week :
Last weekend when I was in London, due to cancellations, me and my friend booked some last-minute tickets to Kinky Boots in the West End and it was honestly one of the best last-minute decisions I have made. The show was so much better than I was expecting and I fell in love with it and all of its soundtrack. The show is so unique so I just had to mention it and one of it's songs. My chosen song is "Step One" which is my favourite as I can imagine Fall Out Boy (a band who I love) singing it. You need to give it a listen asap!

So I hoped you enjoyed today's post! Next week I shall be uploading another "Artist Showcase" post on Next Town Down who had my "Song Of The Week" not so long ago; get excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment