Content :

Friday 25 August 2017

The 5 Best Albums Released So Far This Year

Hello and welcome to another blogpost. In today's post I shall be telling you what, in my opinion, are the five best albums that have been released this year. This list will include albums that have been reviewed as well as those which haven't; I will also attach a song from each album in the hope that it will make you fall in love with it like I did! Without anymore hesitations, lets get on with the post...

5. Harry Styles - Harry Styles
We begin today's post with an album that I never expected to like but one that has blown me away. Harry Styles of all people released his debut record back in May and I surprisingly like every single song on it. Nowadays artists just put a bunch of singles on an album and nothing really fits together but Harry Styles has done the opposite as the album really tells a story, causing me to love the album even more. I shall attach "Sweet Creature" below as it is one of my favourites from the album and even though it may not be the most uptempo, it shows some lovely vocals that I think you will all really like like I do.

4. Lorde - Melodrama
In fourth place we have an incredible album but one you may not have seen of this blog before as I did not review it. Lorde has such a unique voice that no one can really replicate and her individuality really shines through on "Melodrama". Just like "Harry Styles", the album really tells a story and features some lovely vocals. I am lucky enough to be seeing Lorde next month in my hometown of Brighton and I cannot wait to witness one of her live shows as I can imagine them being so captivating and immersive like this album is. I shall attach "Perfect Places" down below (which was once my "Song Of The Week") as it is one of many Lorde songs that I cannot stop listening too!

3. Mura Masa - Mura Masa
Taking bronze position we have another album that has never been reviewed on my album before. Mura Masa is an artist that you will all know if you read my blog as I cannot get enough of him; I can tell you now his album does not let him down! Each song is an absolute anthem that I can't stop singing or dancing too. Mura Masa is one person that I would love to see live as his set would certainly be electric and like nothing I have ever seen before if his album is anything to go by. There are so many songs of his that I could attach to this post but I have decided on "What If I Go" as it was one of the first 'Mura Masa' songs that I fell in love with and I am still in utter awe of it.

2. Kehlani - SweetSexySavage
Just missing out on number one we have Kehlani whose debut album "SweetSexySavage" came out in January (the earliest of any album in this post), kicking the year off to a great start! Considering the album came out so long ago, its quite an achievement to have the wide majority of the songs still continuously stuck in my head and this is why I seriously think Kehlani is the future of R&B. Every song features great vocals and every song is so catchy, not forgetting that every song makes me want to dance along! The song I shall attach below is "Undercover" as I feel it is a very underrated  song and does not get the respect it deserves (I'm even singing it in my head whilst writing this)!

1. Calvin Harris - Funk Wav Bounces Vol.1
Lastly, the best album released so far this year has to be Calvin Harris' "Funk Wav Bounces Vol.1"! Every song is so catchy and makes me want to sing and/or dance along. In addition to this, the album features an array of my favourite artists (Kehlani, John Legend and Ariana Grande to name a few) and most of these artists showcase their amazing their vocals when featuring, creating an unbelievable record. Although there are literally so many songs that I want to attach, I've decided to attach "Skrt On Me (Ft. Nicki Minaj)" as it is so chilled back and it actually shows that Nicki Minaj is not just a good rapper and also a good singer; please give it a listen below...

Song Of The Week :
Before we wrap up today's post, we cannot forget the "Song Of The Week" which this week is Camila Cabello & Young Thug's "Havana". I have been a massive fan of Camila's solo music since she left Fifth Harmony and this is my favourite of any of her songs (although "Crying In The Club" does come close)! The song is so catchy and chilled-back and I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a new song to fall in love with so make sure you check this anthem out.

So I hoped you enjoyed today's post. Next week I shall be discussing the best parts of my blog in honour of the first anniversary of my blog so make sure you tune in and get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment