Content :

Tuesday 30 August 2016

An Insight Into My Life...

If you have stumbled across this blog by reference or randomness, hello and welcome. In my first ever post i just thought i would give all of you an insight into what my life is like and what i do...

Hello, my name is Billy Carr, i am fourteen years old and i live in the seaside town of Brighton. Im not going to lie to you all, my life hasn't exactly been perfect, with close family partners passing away and grief being a hard process but two things have helped me through the process so far. Those two things are music and photography, hence why i am starting this blog.

Firstly, theres the music...
Ive been a big music fan since a very young age and i believe i listen to a wide range of music. From Ariana Grande to Fall Out Boy, Craig David to Disclosure, Skrillex to Frank Ocean; not forgetting my favourite of all time, Beyonce, its quite clear to say i definitely listen to a lot of music. My CD and Vinyl collection is massive, not forgetting the amount of Spotify Playlists i have (which you can check out by the way, my username is billy-carr). I think that with the amount of time that i have been listening to music, and the amount i listen to, i think i would be quite a good music critic which is what i am going to do sometimes on this blog.

Being a big music fan, you could probably guess that all i spend my money on revolves around music. That statement is correct with all of my money either going on CDs/Vinyls or my favourite thing ever, concerts! I find that concerts are where i feel most at home with the electric atmosphere and the amazing people that are usually there for the same reason as you. I must have been to approximately 40 - 50 concerts in my lifetime, which is quite a lot for someone of my age! It is what the majority of my savings go on but they are memories that i will cherish for the rest of my life! In my eyes they are worth it and i love recording the events in photos, which is where the photography comes in to it...

I have been taking photos for a fairly long time now, but not nearly as long as i've listened to music and my favourite time of photos are those taken at concerts and every time i go to one, i make sure i capture it. From Beyonce to Calvin Harris, i have quite a large portfolio of concert photography nowadays this i am sure will appear on this blog sometime soon alongside photos from the upcoming concerts that i am attending. 

Its not just concerts that i take photos of though, with me taking my camera along pretty much anywhere that i think will be a fun opportunity to do so. I have pictures from my many trips in and around London, as well as pictures from attractions in Brighton such as our infamous lanes or beach huts. I think all of you have gathered how appealing i find photography and that i would like to do it as a career in the future.

Whilst were talking about the future, I'm not going to lie, i have big and unlikely dreams. I have always dreamt of going to the BRIT school as i think it is one of the perfect platform to kickstart my career, also there are courses like the film and media production course that i think would be perfect for me as it involves topics such as digital photography and radio/TV broadcasting which are careers that i would be thrilled to pursue. I love technology and media so to have a job like one of those: i would be overwhelmed. 

So i hoped you like this little insight into what my life is and hopefully will be like, thank you for reading and i look forward to pleasing your eyes with my future blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment