Content :

Wednesday 31 August 2016

7 Songs You Should Listen To...

For today's post i thought i would share with you some of my top music picks that i think you should all listen to. These seven songs are songs that you may not have discovered yet as they are not really your 'chart' songs but they are really good, better than your typical top 40 in my opinion.

Frank Ocean - Ivy
Where do i start with Frank Ocean?! In my opinion he is one of the best male vocalists around these days and he's bringing back the element of mystery to the music industry with his latest album "Blonde", dropping it by surprise. Anyways, "Ivy" is my favourite song from his album as i think it really showcases his range of vocals and its also quite catchy. I do love pretty much all of the songs on his album though so maybe if you have a little spare time try and listen to the whole thing.




Drake - Controlla
In my opinion, Drake's album "Views" is one of the best albums that has been released so far this year. With around twenty songs on the record it is one that will leave you not having to skip a single song, enjoying every one. My favourite song on the great album has to be "Controlla". The song is extremely catchy and also quite chilled and laid-back compared to some of his other tracks on the album. I am honestly surprised this song hasn't had chart success like his other song "One Dance" did but i guess you can't decide the charts and whats in them.



Disclosure - BOSS
I have been a big fan of Disclosure ever since there first song "Latch" came out with none other than Sam Smith and i think their latest song from their EP "Moog For Love" is definitely not a disappointment. Even though it may not have many understandable lyrics, the song is very upbeat and proves as great motivation for my gym workouts. To be honest, I think this track from the duo is guaranteed to put you in a good mood and you should all try and give it a listen.


Mura Masa - What If I Go
Just like the previous song, I think this song by Mura Masa really puts you in a good mood which i was actually quite surprised about when i first heard the song as i don't usually listen to this sort of music. Since hearing this song (which was the first song i heard of the soloist's) i have added several of his songs to my playlist as i think he is a genuinely great and underrated artist in todays day and age. I thoroughly recommend you check out some of his songs (especially this one).



Childish Gambino - 3005
As soon as i heard this song, i immediately fell in love with it. I just think it is such an amazing mix of both singing and rap. Childish Gambino is probably my favourite rapper around nowadays as i think he is just so unique. I now have a large amount of his songs in my playlist. Childish Gambino's (or Donald Glover) talent does not stop there though, with him being a stand-up comedian and an actor, being in films such as 'The Martian'. You should really listen to this guy!



MNEK - At Night (I Think About You)
I have listened to MNEK for quite a long time now and i can honestly say he is one of my favourite musicians in todays industry. You may have heard him from his popular song "Never Forget You" with Zara Larsson but one of my favourite songs of his has to be "At Night (I Think About You)". The song really shows off his voice with him reaching both really high and low notes throughout the track. Alongside a catchy beat, this is a song that everyone should be listening to. Also, whilst your checking him out, go and look at his "Small Talk EP" which is also amazing.


Beyonce - Sandcastles
Anyone that knows me knows that Beyonce would have to be in this post somewhere and why not save the best until last?! "Sandcastles" is my favourite song from her latest record-breaking album "Lemonade" and the reason why i like it is because it is so raw and you can tell it is written from the heart. Beyonce pours out all of her emotions in this song and it really pulls at the heart strings. Also, if you've seen the video, you'll know that it shows the process of making the song. With Queen Bey just making it with her voice, a keyboard and a macbook; it is a work of art in my opinion!

So i hope you listen to these seven songs that I've showcased for you. In my opinion, they are definitely worth it. I hope you liked this post and expect more like this in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment