Content :

Saturday 24 June 2017

Artist Showcase : Mura Masa

Hello and welcome to a post that has been extremely long-awaited. It feels like forever since my last "Artist Showcase" post but today I am back with this series and I am back with another great artist! Today's artist is rather different in comparison to my other artists as he actually does not sing; his name is Mura Masa and he is one of my favourite DJ's at the moment.


Alex Crossan (known by his stage name Mura Masa) is a Guernsey-born DJ, producer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist who has only emerged as an artist within the past few years but his music keeps advancing and advancing! The artist actually studied at the University Of Sussex in Brighton (my hometown) and is currently preparing for the release of his debut album next month. At the age of 17, the artist uploaded a few tracks to Soundcloud which were luckily picked up by Radio 1 and now, four years on, he is performing as several iconic festivals across the world such as Glastonbury and Coachella, showing just how rapid his rise to fame is!

The reason why I am such a big fan of Mura Masa is because his beats always make me want to dance, an effect which no other DJ really has, at least with very single one of his songs. In particular, the song "What If I Go?", which has been mentioned on this blog numerous times, is one of my favourite songs of possibly even this decade! Ever since it's release last year, I have not been able to stop listening to it as it is just so catchy and infectious. Proof of this comes from one of my blogposts from last December where is showed you that the song was the fifth most listened-to song on my Spotify for that year, baring in mind that other people listen to my Spotify as well. Please listen to this Live Lounge version of the incredible track below (even though I would recommend you listen to the original as i cannot attach it to this post); I hope you fall in love with it just like I have!


Alongside "What If I Go?", Mura Masa has also released other tracks that I cannot get enough of and other tracks that have been featured in my posts before. Some of these tracks that I love are "Lovesick (Feat. Asap Rocky)", "Firefly (Feat. Nao)" and "1 Night" with Charli XCX, a song that was actually my "Song Of The Week" not so long ago. I love both of these artists so as soon as I found out that they were collaborating, I knew it would be a hit and I was not wrong. Like I said when it was my "Song Of The Week", the song is incredibly catchy and is bound to get you singing along so why don't you listen to the track below; I love it!


Even though Mura Masa has had success to a certain extent, his talent is definitely not as appreciated as it should be! I, personally, think he is the best DJ around nowadays and I hope you think the same. If you agree with me, please follow him on Spotify and social media in order to discover more of his music. This guy is so underrated!

Song Of The Week :
From one DJ to another, today's "Song Of The Week" is a song by Sigala and one of my favourite artists, Ella Eyre! It feels like it has been so long since Ella released some music so I am so happy she is putting more material out there. Her comeback single with Sigala did not disappoint as it has both catchy lyrics and a catchy beat as well as some vocals which are not to shabby if I may say so myself.  Give this song a listen as you will honestly not regret it!

Next week will be a very emotional post but I don't really want to give too much away, please tune in when the post is released though as I would really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment