Content :

Friday 2 June 2017

7 TV Shows That You Should Watch

Hello and welcome to today's blogpost. Today I will be swerving away from the usual, music-related content that I post by talking about seven shows that I think you should all be watching. Some of these shows you may know; some you may not but I love all of these and I hope after this post, you will too!

Orange Is The New Black
The first show in today's post is possibly the most well-known show in the post and theres a reason for that: its amazing! I must admit, it did take me a few episodes to get fully 'hooked' on the show but as soon as I was, I couldn't get enough of it. The show follows a girl called Piper Chapman who is sentenced to prison for a crime committed years ago. When in Litchfield (the prison), she faces many escapades and challenges including seeing her ex who led the crime that she was arrested for. With season 5 being released in the next few weeks (which I cannot wait for), now would be a great time to binge-watch the series before its new season begins; I would thoroughly recommend though...

America's Next Top Model
"America's Next Top Model", alongside my next show, is certainly a show that I would declare as my guilty pleasure, however, I love the show so much to not include it in this post! The show is a talent competition where (usually) around 14 girls will have to compete in several various challenges to see who is "America's Next Top Model". The show is created and produced by supermodel Tyra Banks and has been running since 2003; it's 23rd season finished not so long ago. I have been watching this show since I can remember and I get so excited every year when it is on air. Trust me, this is a show you will like, I love it and I really shouldn't.

RuPaul's Drag Race
Out of all of the shows on today's post, this is the one that I have most-recently started watching but I cannot deny how much I love it, possibly even more than "America's Next Top Model" (it's biggest rival)! The TV Show is very similar to this one but instead of looking for the next 'supermodel', the show looks for the next 'drag superstar' with drag queens on the show instead of models. The season is currently in season 9 (with two "all-stars" seasons in-between) and the reason as to why I am such a big fan of it is because you really get-to-know the queens and their personalities; my personal favourites are Pearl (s7) and Shea Coulee (s9). Anyways, you need to watch this incredible show!

The Get-Down
"The Get-Down" is the second Netflix-original show in this post and what I love about it so much is it's music. The series is set in the Bronx, New York's City and follows the transition from Disco to Hip-Hop through they eyes of several teenagers. Even though the series may have been cancelled after one season, the whole series is beginning from the start and throughout. In addition to this, the soundtrack features some brilliant artists such as Leon Bridges, Zayn, Michael Kiwanuka and Jaden Smith (who is also one of the characters in the show). It is so nice to watch a show that is not only interesting but also informative; I have learnt so much about the origins of hip-hop music whilst watching this show! You guys simply must give this a watch.

Teen Wolf
This next show is a classic case of 'not judging a book by it's cover' as the show looks as if it is going to be one of those typical teenage drama shows but the show is so much better than that! The show follows Scott McCall, a teenage boy who was bitten by werewolf and must cope with how it affects his life and the lives of those who are close to him. He faces several problems unthinkable to man and it is honestly so dramatic that I'm hooked on every episode. I must also thank the main actors and actresses as they convey such real emotion, their names are Tyler Posey (Scott McCall), Dylan O'Brien (Stiles Stilinski) and Holland Roden (Lydia Martin); I am so upset that the show will soon be ending as it is truly fabulous.

Empire
The penultimate show in this post is one that you may have heard before as it's songs have been featured before in my posts. Even though it is very hard to say, I would have to put the show in my op five shows of all time; I cannot get enough of it! The show follows the Lyon family and all of their challenges in life, including Jamal's (Jussie Smollet) coming out story and Cookie's (Taraji P. Henderson) release from prison after covering for her husband Lucious (Terrence Howard). What I love most about the show is the music as it is one of my favourite genres (R&B) and it features loads of original music, including "Black Girl Magic", one of my favourite songs from the series that has been featured on this blog before. If you haven't seen this series before, which a lot of people surprisingly haven't, this is a show that I cannot recommend enough to you.

The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air
To end this post, I just had to mention my favourite TV show of all time. If you haven't seen "The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" before, what are you doing with your life?! Sure, the show may have ended about 20 years ago after incredible success, I still watch it whenever I can. The show follows Will Smith (before he was as incredibly famous as he is nowadays) as he moves in with his rich cousins in Bel-Air. The show is honestly so funny and I don't think I have ever watched an episode without laughing! I also know every single word to the extended version of the theme tune (which I am pretty proud of to be honest), just showing how much I have watched and how much I love it. If you have been living under some kind of rock for your entire life and have never watched this influential programme, you seriously need to watch it!

Song Of The Week :
This week's "Song Of The Week" is a song by the wonderful Rita Ora, an artist who I have always loved but has been away from music for so long in order to pursue other projects. The song, and it's instrumental, are so unbelievable catchy that I nearly know all of the words, despite the song only having been out for a week. This song also has some great vocals in it and I, personally, feel like the song is much more relaxed than her previous record, something which I feel is a nice twist. This is a song that you all need to listen to and I really hope it achieves as much success as it deserves!
Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this different post telling you what TV shows I love. Next week I will be doing a review of Shawn Mendes' "Illuminate" world tour which was an amazing experience; get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment