Content :

Friday 1 September 2017

Year One : The Best Of

Hello and welcome to another blogpost. I cannot believe it but this week this little blog of mine is a year old! Throughout this past year, this blog has helped me massively in terms of not only expressing my love for music (and photography) but by expressing myself as well. To honour this memorable occasion, I have decided to show the best of my my blog throughout it. This will include my favourite post of each month as well as a few extra things so get ready for this long-old post!

August :
We begin todays post with the first ever review I did and what a review it was! In August, I released "Beyonce's Formation World Tour ~ 2/7/16", a review of when I saw Beyonce live in the month before. The concert was absolutely phenomenal and it was so nice to create a post reminding me of how amazing the gig was. She sang all of my favourite songs in such an iconic venue and i felt blessed to be able to witness it as I expect anyone would be. The post is also the third most viewed post on my blog so I am very thankful for that.

September :
Next we move onto September and my favourite post for that month was "7 Songs You Should Listen To Pt.2" (I would've mentioned the first edition but how could I not mention my Beyonce review?!). My "7 Songs" series was one of my favourite series on this blog which went on until February but I decided to terminate it in order to allow a wider range of posts and I replaced it with "Song Of The Week" which I love just as much. Once a fortnight I would show 7 songs that I think you should all listen to and I featured some incredible songs which I still love today!

October :
During October, I began my "Artist Showcase" series (which is still going on today) and I think I can say it is my favourite series on this blog. I began this series with Luna Rae, a duo whose harmonies I adore still, sadly they have stopped releasing music as frequently, making me focus on other musicians but the love for them is certainly still here. You should still really check Luna Rae out as they're amazing!

Song Of The Week :
After a lot of thought, I have decided to give my favourite "Song Of The Week" to Sarah Close with "Caught Up". I have not been able to get this song out of my head for so long and I cannot wait to see Sarah live at the end of this month to finally witness this live! As you know, I organise my Spotify playlists and this song is still near the top as I love it so much and so should you! Please give it a listen whenever you possibly can.

November :
Back to the months now and in November, I released a post called "Upcoming Adventures" which was quite different to any other post I have done (which is probably why it 'stood out' to me). I love looking back on it now and seeing that most of the things have now been completed and realising how fun all of them were. I hope to bring back the post in the next few months as I thoroughly enjoyed writing as do I enjoy looking back at it.

December :
Back in December, I released "In Remembrance..." to the world which was the first post where I expressed how I was feeling and what had been going on in my life. I honestly felt so humbled to get such lovely responses and I felt so much better to know that I could write such personal stuff and not get negative feedback. Although I have released other posts regarding the same topic, this one will always hold a special place in my heart.

January :
As we went into 2017, I uploaded a post called "My Vinyl Collection" where I simply showed you guys some of the vinyls I collected and the reason why it was my favourite of that month was because I love vinyls, I love listening to them and I love talking about them. It actually makes me laugh now because back in January, my collection was so much smaller; it must've tripled since then! Expect another one soon though as I have a lot of vinyls to tell you all about.

Concert :
There was only one concert that could've been number one and that was the Beyonce one that was featured way back in August. I'd be surprised if you didn't know that Beyonce is my favourite artist ever and every time I see her live I literally cry. All of her concerts are so memorable, especially this one which was at Wembley Stadium, my favourite venue of all! If you ever get the chance to see Queen Bey in her element, you need to as I can promise you it will be the best gig you will ever see, this one was the best I have ever been to and trust me, I have been to a lot!

February :
One of the most viewed series on this blog is the "Album Review" so I thought it wouldn't be right if I didn't mention one in here. In February, I released my review of Kehlani's "SweetSexySavage" and it received great praise from not only myself but all of you, making it one of my most viewed posts. For a long while, the album was my favourite of the year until Calvin Harris released "Funk Wav Bounces Vol.1" and I am so glad that all of you guys saw an interest in it as well. I love doing my "Album Review" series so expect some more in the (very near) future.

March :
Although I have seen other artists that I prefer live, Us The Duo's concert will always stick out to me as the venue was so unique and intimate which is why my review is my favourite post of March. Us The Duo are such a unique duo that I would recommend to anyone as they have great voices and such chemistry (I mean, they are husband and wife). The review rekindles my love for the gig and how much I loved it which is why it'll always be one of my favourites.

April :
Pentatonix are one of my favourite bands so I was honestly overjoyed when I got to write an "Artist Showcase" about them; you must've been pleased as well as it is my most viewed "Artist Showcase" post! I literally cannot comprehend how they five-piece (now four-piece) can do so much with their voices and their covers and originals are still being played on repeat. If you still do not know who these awesome guys are, check them out as they are truly one-of-a-kind.

Artist (in "Artist Showcase") :
This was so hard to choose as there were so many incredible artists featured in "Artist Showcase" but after a lot of debating, I have chosen MNEK as my favourite artist. If you have read my blog for this past year, you will know how I cannot get enough of this guy who is, in my opinion, a modern musical genius! He has featured in several of my "7 Songs" posts (including the very first one) and the "Artist Showcase" really showed off what MNEK is capable of so I would certainly recommend reading it if you haven't already.

May :
Back in May I started my first ever mini-series where I counted down "My Favourite Beyonce Songs" from 50; the final post is actually the second-most viewed post on thing blog! I really enjoyed uploading all five parts and I hope to do another one next year and make it an annual thing. I will possibly doing "My Favourite Little Mix Songs" or "My Favourite Motown Songs" as they are so fun to create but let me know if you have any other ideas of what I could do!

June :
What other June post could I choose than my most viewed post! "1 Year On..." was the most personal post that I have ever done and I literally cried when I got such lovely responses from it. Like I said before whilst talking about "In Remembrance...", I feel so humbled when I can pour out my emotions and not feel judged or criticised for doing so; the reason for that is the lovely little community that I have created on this blog! I am so thankful for you all reading my posts.

July :
To conclude, my favourite post of July was my review of Lovebox Festival as it reminds me of the time I got to see Frank Ocean live, one of my favourite artists whom I never thought I would be lucky enough to see as he rarely does shows. Frank did not disappoint and his voice was so admirable and incredible, I shall never forget it (especially with this blog reminding me of it). It was the best concert I have been to excluding Beyonce so I am so happy that I got to share it with you guys!

Song Of The Week :
Even though today's post has been overly long, I cannot leave out my "Song Of The Week" and this week it is "Young, Dumb & Broke" by Khalid. Khalid's voice is so smooth and I cannot help but love him and the whole of his "American Teen" album, including this amazing song. I cannot wait until the end of this month as I get to see him live when he supports Lorde at the Brighton Centre (I'm nearly as excited for him as I am for Lorde)! You need to give Khalid a listen as his music is so brilliant and relaxing.

So I hope you enjoyed today's massive post. Next week I shall be uploading an album review of Fifth Harmony's self-titled album so get ready for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment