Content :

Saturday 14 October 2017

Album Review : Tell Me You Love Me by Demi Lovato

Hello and welcome to another blogpost. Today we have another "Album Review", this time reviewing Demi Lovato's latest release "Tell Me You Love Me". If you read my blog a lot, you should know that I am a big Demi Lovato fan and have been for years now so I'm excited to get into today's post!


Track 1 = Sorry Not Sorry
We kickstart today's review with a song that you all know I love; "Sorry Not Sorry". The song is so upbeat and fun and if you ask me, its the perfect introduction to this album of honesty and truth. The song is so catchy and ever since it was my "Song Of The Week" back in July, I have not been able to stop singing it. In addition to this, the music video is one of my favourites so I would certainly recommend the watch; you cant really get a better start to an album!

Track 2 = Tell Me You Love Me
Secondly we have the title track and another track I have been loving since the album was put up for preorder about two months ago, its actually really unlucky that it hasn't been my song of the week as I have not been able to stop singing it. The song shows some brilliant vocals and the empowering chorus shows that Demi is gonna stand up for what she believes in, no matter the consequence, once again proving that this album has such a great story behind it.

Track 3 = Sexy Dirty Love
This next track is very different to the rest of the record but yet again very good. "Sexy Dirty Love" is disco-inspired and just makes you want to dance throughout the entire track. The vocals are also extraordinary making it a great song overall. This catchy dance track is one that I would recommend at a party as it will certainly get people dancing and singing, even if they haven't heard it before.

Track 4 = You Don't Do It For Me Anymore
"You Don't Do It For Me Anymore" is definitely the best song on the album vocally as Demi conveys such soul and passion throughout. In addition to this, the song is a touchy subject as Demi is saying she is 'better than someone else' but it she controls it so well. This is a breakup anthem to listen to whether you are single or not!

Track 5 = Daddy Issues
The fifth track on this album takes more of an EDM route but it also fits into the album perfectly somehow. Even though it may be more EDM-based, it does not mean the vocals are any worse though as in the chorus Demi manages to hit some ridiculously high notes that everyone must envy and when this is accompanied by an infectious beat to dance to, you can't really complain.

Track 6 = Ruin the Friendship
"Ruin The Friendship" shows of the husky part of Demi Lovato's voice which I love and have never really heard before. Also, the song is rumoured to be about Demi's long-time friend and fellow celebrity Nick Jonas and it shows just how honest she is being as confessing to everyone that you want to have feelings for someone who everyone knows is your friend must be hard. It has certainly received some public attention and for that I applaud Demi, this song is top notch!

Track 7 = Only Forever
Track seven on the album takes more of a slower approach in comparison to the other tracks but what I like about the track is how it shows such a sense of calmness and tranquility. In addition, just like the rest of the songs on this album, her vocals are flawless and you can tell she put so much heart and passion into this song. I am once again a massive fan of this song.

Track 8 = Lonely (Feat. Lil Wayne)
Next up we have "Lonely" which I must say is one of my favourite songs on the album as it is so laid-back but you can certainly listen to it. The track is so truthful and Lil Wayne (who I am not usually a big fan of due to the amount of autotune he uses) works perfectly with this song. I bet you that if you listen, you will not be able to stop singing this catchy tune as I have not been able to stop!

Track 9 = Cry Baby
Next is last week's "Song Of The Week" which I have not been able to get enough of! "Cry Baby" is easily my favourite on the album as not only is it catchy and soulful, it features so many vocal techniques and key changes that anyone would want to accomplish. The track is so empowering and it leaves the chorus stuck in your head for days. Demi Lovato shows just how much of a warrior she is in this incredible track; if you haven't listened to it yet, you honestly need to do so as soon as possible!

Track 10 = Games
If you ask me, "Games" sounds very Kehlani-esque which obviously means that I am a big fan of it. The beat is so infectious that I just want to dance along whenever I listen and the vocals in both the verse and chorus are so desirable. I cant help but sing along to this tune so I thoroughly recommend you listen as this track is literally amazing and one that you will not want to miss out on!

Track 11 = Concentrate
Penultimately, "Concentrate" takes a more acoustic route which I feel really shows this album's versatility. This is also another track where Demi is being so honest as well, stating how she just wants to be with this person as she can't concentrate on anyone else; when this has unbelievable vocals on top of it, you cannot really request much more in a song.

Track 12 = Hitchhiker
Last but not least is "Hitchhiker" which may have a bizarre title but the song is not the same. If I could describe this song in three words it would be: chilled, amazing and phenomenal. The song finishes off the album so well as show some lovely high-pitched vocals from Demi which are unlike any other vocals on the album. Some of the ad-libs in this song are some of Demi's best and I could say the same about her falsetto so please make sure you give it a listen.

Overal, "Tell Me You Love Me" is too good for words and I seriously think it could be career-defining for Demi Lovato. The whole album tells such a great story about being honest, and leaving the bad things in your life behind. The vocals throughout are brilliant as well so with this in mind, let's look at our rankings (which have been whittled down to a top ten)...

1. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me
2. Calvin Harris - Funk Wav Bounces Vol.1
3. Kehlani - SweetSexySavage
4. Bruno Mars - 24k Magic
5. Sonny - Hopeless Romance EP
6. Sarah Close - Caught Up EP
7. Harry Styles - Harry Styles
8. John Legend - Love & Darkness
9. Childish Gambino - Awaken My Love
10. Ed Sheeran - Divide


Song Of the Week :
This week my "Song Of The Week" is one that I have not been able to get out of my head since it was released. The song is "Pray" by Sam Smith who is easily one of my favourite artists at the moment and the song is so catchy and has insane vocals. I honestly cannot wait for Sam's second album "The Thrill Of It All" to be released next month and don't worry, a review will be coming shortly afterwards. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed today's blogpost. Next week I shall be reviewing my time at Lorde's "Melodrama" World Tour which I am so excited for as it was one of the best concerts I have been to in a long time so get excited with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment