Content :

Friday 27 October 2017

Artist Showcase : Tokio Myers

Hello and welcome to another blogpost. Today I shall be uploading another "Artist Showcase" and today it's on an artist I love. He was last week's "Song Of The Week" and I still cannot get enough of him; his name is Tokio Myers and he is incredible!


Torville Jones, better known by his stage name Tokio Myers is a pianist and music producer born in London. He recently won Britain's Got Talent with his unique act, combining amazing piano-playing with pop hits, producing the masterpieces all by himself. In the past he has supported illustrious artists such as Kanye West and Amy Winehouse but now he is starting to shine through on his own, hinting at future collaborations with the likes of Ed Sheeran and Kendrick Lamar.

What made my first fall in love with the musician was his first audition on Britain's Got Talent. He stepped on the stage looking like a some kind of rapper from the streets and then he stepped up to the piano and I was suddenly amazed. The track, which has been released as his first single, is a performance of Debussy's "Clair De Lune" which fuses into Ed Sheeran's "Bloodstream", causing the audience (including myself) to go crazy over it! This performance, although it may not feature any emotional lyrics, is so captivating that I almost found myself in tears when first seeing it. You must check out this performance below...



Another performance of his that I found flabbergasting was his final performance which gave him the Britain's Got Talent crown. In this performance he fused Hans Zimmer's "Interstellar" theme soundtrack together with Rag'n'Bone Man's "Human" and the outcome was phenomenal. Like I said before, this performance earned him the votes to win the show and not only earn £250,000 but a recording contract as well. This piece is to incredible to describe!


Although Tokyo Myers may already be immensely popular to those who watched Britain's Got Talent, his appeal to those who haven't watched the show is very limited so I would thoroughly recommend you check him out and listen to his debut album "Our Generation" when it gets released in the next few weeks. Join me in supporting this amazing artist as I know you will not regret it!

Song Of The Week :
This week's "Song Of The Week" is one that has already been reviewed on this blog before, "Daddy Issues" by Demi Lovato. Since my album review two weeks ago I have been listening to this track non-stop and I cannot get enough of it. I especially love her vocals in the track when they are accompanied by that infectious beat in the hook in the song. I really think you should listen to this song.

I hope you enjoyed today's post. Next week I shall be uploading a post on my time at the Radio 1 Teen Awards so I hope you are all excited.




No comments:

Post a Comment