Content :

Monday 5 September 2016

A Night In London ~ 01/09/16

A couple of days ago, I went to stay in London for the night after doing several activities in the country's capital so i thought i would take some photos and share them with you...

Me and my mum headed to London at about noon and once we got there we checked into our hotel (the Thistle Hyde Park, i'd stay there if you wanted to stay around the city centre) and looked around/ unpacked. Even though i don't have any photos to share with you, the room was beautiful! With a fairly large TV rested on an amazing marble desktop and a massive bathroom, also with gorgeous marble work surfaces. We had to leave quickly though so we didn't witness it in all it's glory.

Motown The Musical
After a short tube ride, we arrived at the Shaftesbury Theatre to see Motown The Musical. I thought the musical would be great as I am a big fan of the music and i was not disappointed! The musical was based around the start of the record label and how it progressed; it was filled with all of Motown's biggest successes and songs, making it a massive hit in my eyes. Although, as you might of guessed, i wasn't able to take any photos inside of the venue but i did take one outside (shown on the left) to remember what was a truly great show.


After watching the show, we got a tuc-tuc through the city centre (which was honestly the highlight of my trip) to the Hard Rock Cafe where we was having dinner. Our tuc-tuc driver took us through Piccadilly Circus, seeing everything in lights before heading to the restaurant and i really think it was something i will never forget. 
After the little tuc-tuc ride, we arrived at Hard Rock Cafe, a place where i have wanted to go for ages and it didn't let me down at all. With old records and famous guitars overcrowding the walls, the decor was incredible and the food was even better. For my dinner i got a burger with bacon and an onion ring inside; it was one of the best burgers i have ever had! If you are looking for a place to eat in London, i strongly suggest you go to the Hard Rock Cafe.



Hyde Park
After having our meal in Hard Rock Cafe, we headed across the road to Hyde Park. I saw this as a great opportunity to take photos and took quite a lot, experimenting with the different settings on my DSLR (I'm only going to show a few on this post though as i don't just want to flood you with images.





I found this walk really relaxing and tranquil, doing what i love in such a beautiful location. I took photos of pretty much anything i could. From statues scattered around the park to random people who captured my eye, i don't think there were many things i didn't take a picture of. My favourite pictures that i took in Hyde Park were the one to your left (I think it looks like a pose that real people would make, yet it is recreated perfectly in statue form) and the one below (i like the slight blur that my camera created unexpectedly)





Overall, the little photo session was a perfect end to my jam-packed and exciting day. I loved how relaxing it was after rushing around London all day, doing various activities. If you are stuck for things to do and have a camera, you should really try doing something like this.

The Photographers Gallery
After a lovely night in my hotel, we headed to The Photographers Gallery near Oxford Street and it was really aesthetically pleasing. I found it so nice to get an insight into what some major photographers think and their process for capturing their photos. In particular, i loved the portrait photography by a photographer who i can't actually remember. This was actually quite surprising for me though as i don't usually find portrait photography as appealing as landscape but i loved how you could clearly tell the expression on the models.


Overall, The Photographers Gallery was yet another unique addition to this trip, making it an amazing couple of days in the capital. After the gallery, we went for a shop along Oxford Street, probably spending more then we should've, before heading back home to Brighton.
The trip was an amazing experience, doing a unique variety of activities and if you are heading to London for a day or two, you should really try and do any of these activities.


No comments:

Post a Comment