Content :

Saturday 26 November 2016

7 Songs You Should Listen To Pt.7

Hello and welcome to another instalment of what I personally think is the best series in this blog. Before I start, I thought I would just say sorry for the lateness of this post as I have had quite a bit of school work to catch up on. Anyways, today I will be sharing seven more songs that I have been loving in the hope that you will too so if you happen to like these as much as I do, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Childish Gambino - Redbone
To start off I thought I would share an artist that was featured in the very first episode of this series. Childish Gambino's new album comes out next Friday (there will be a review on it) and the song "Redbone" was a little sneak-peak into what the record will be like. If you ask me, the song is amazing because it is just extremely tranquil. Whenever I do any artwork (at school or at home), this song is a saviour as it just puts you in such a relaxed state of mind which I think makes you focus a lot more! If you haven't yet, listen to the song and hopefully you'll be as excited for his album as I am.

Little Mix - Power
Next up we have the four girls that are tearing up the music industry at the moment! Little Mix's latest offering "Glory Days" has just debuted at number one, officially making them the most successful British girlband since the Spice Girls and they have just sold-out a massive UK arena tour (which I am going to). The song "Power" from the album is ironically so empowering and it really proves that each of the four girls can really sing. With an infectious beat accompanying it, this song is almost perfect and I can imagine it being a big hit if Little Mix decide to release it as a single in the future. Please check out the song below as I would be surprised if you did not like it.


John Legend Ft. Chance The Rapper - Penthouse Floor
When John Legend released his album for pre-order, this track came along with it and honestly, from this song and "Love Me Now" which was featured in a post before, his next album could be as good as his first album "Get Lifted" which is one of my favourite albums of all time. A lot like "Redbone", this song is very relaxing and tranquil which I think are great factors of a track. The song is also one that makes you want to singalong, something that I also love about a song. If the rest of his upcoming album is as good as this, we could be in for a massive treat (I would probably love it whatever the songs are like though)!

Bruno Mars - Chunky
As mentioned in my previous post, the next song in this post is Bruno Mars' "Chunky". The reason why I love this song so much is because it just simply makes you want to get up and dance, in fact, this is a reoccurring thing throughout the album. In my opinion, "Chunky" is a little cheeky and very honest which is always a necessity in music nowadays. I bet if I ever saw the song live, it would be like a party, showing so much charisma and positive energy. If you haven't already, give the song a listen below as you will one-hundered percent not regret it!

Thirdstory Ft. Pusha T - G Train
I had been recommended Thirdstory and their YouTube videos by multiple people before but I always forgot to check them out until one day when Spotify added this exact song to my "Discover Weekly" playlist and now I must say, I am in love with the three boys. This song seems very honest and heartfelt and when it's accompanied by several insane harmonies, it becomes pretty heard to fault the song. I also think that Pusha T's rap verse works well with the song as it adds that extra dynamic to a song that was already unbelievable. Please check out this track whenever you can, it's amazing!

Alicia Keys - Pawn It All
I personally think that Alicia Keys' latest album "Here" is one of the best released this year as it is so independent and pleasing to your ears. In particular, "Pawn It All" is my favourite track on the record as not only is it extremely catchy, its different to anything else in today's music industry. The song, and the whole album in fact, is extremely raw and you can really sense the emotion put into it. I am overjoyed that Alicia Keys has made a comeback in music as she used to be (and still is) one of my favourite artists as she just always does what she feels is right, not altering what others think. Please have a listen down below as I feel it is helping bringing the 'roots' of R&B music back!


James Arthur - Sober
Lastly we have James Arthur who I now regard as 'the comeback king' after getting dropped from his record label due to mental health issues a couple of years ago. James just keeps getting stronger and stronger as an artist and his album "Back From The Edge" has now established itself as one of my favourites. "Sober" is actually an undeniably great song as it is honest and it showcases all of the amazing and unique vocals that James Arthur is capable of. Out of all of the songs on this post, this one has to be my favourite as everytime I listen to it, I cant help but sing along to it. This is really worth a listen if you ask me...

So I hoped you enjoyed this "7 Songs You Should Listen To" post, expect more of these every fortnight as the are such fun to create and evolve into what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment