Content :

Thursday 1 December 2016

Jess Glynne's Take Me Home Tour ~ 27/11/16

So last week I attended Jess Glynne's Take Me Home tour in my hometown of Brighton so I thought why not review it for everyone reading this post! The only downside to this review is the fact that the venue would sadly not let me take any photos so the photos in this post (if there are any) will eb from my fairly rubbish mobile phone. Anyways, I hope you enjoy the post.

Way back in June when the tickets got released, I immediately brought them as I knew that the concert would be one of a kind as Jess Glynne has always put on such immense shows when I have seen her at gig before. I can tell you now that I was not disappointed and the concert was incredible, with me getting to hear some of my favourite songs of hers.

We got to the concert at approximately half six and went straight to our seats before the support act came on. When Raye (the person supporting Jess Glynne) came on stage, I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I had heard of her before due to her constantly appearing on my "Discover Weekly" and now I have added some of her songs to my playlist. In my opinion her voice was just very unique but I also feel like I have heard elements of her voice before. Anyways I loved her song with Jonas Blue (who I am seeing on sunday at the Jingle Bell Ball) which is called "By Your Side" and as I cannot add photos to this post, I'll attach the song below...


After about half an hour of waiting after seeing Raye, It was finally time for Jess Glynne to come onto the stage. If you ask me she made an unbelievable entrance, with all of the band playing an extended piece before she popped up on stage. When she did come on though, she (literally) came out with a bang; confetti was everywhere and luckily I managed to capture it with my phone! She then started her, rather long, set with the extremely catchy "Don't Be So Hard On Yourself" which sounded incredible!

Although I loved all of her music on the night, there were a few songs that stood out for me so I thought it would only be right to mention them. Firstly, theres "You Can Find Me" which was amazing because it felt as if I was part of some gospel choir. Also, It made me just want to dance which is something that all of Jess Glynne's music does, showing signs of a great artist. Secondly, we have "Take Me Home" which is one of her most 'well-known' songs. The reason why I liked this song was because everyone had their flashlights on and it felt so tranquil and heartwarming to be in such an atmosphere. It was also her last song so she certainly ended on a high.

Finally, we have my favourite of her songs, "Love Me". I loved this song because it just showed so much feistiness and attitude whilst also being so empowering. The song got me singing along from start to finish and I think it might even be one of the best songs I have ever seen performed live - thats quite something considering the amount of events I have been to. I would attach the video here but I have decided to save it for my next "7 Songs You Should Listen To" as it is definitely one of my favourites. I would highly recommend you check it out before next week though as it is a brilliant track.

Overall, the concert and its atmosphere was electric. From start to finish I was singing along and Jess Glynne is certainly 'up there' with all of the great performers that I have seen live. I would happily see Jess Glynne again and you really should too! I hope you enjoyed this post, expect more reviews in the future (including one on the Jingle Bell Ball very soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment