Content :

Friday 3 February 2017

7 Songs You Should Listen To Pt.12

Hello and welcome to the twelfth edition of my "7 Songs You Should Listen To" series. Today i have got seven more incredible songs so I hope you enjoy them.

Ella Eyre - Typical Me
First up we have one of my favourite ever artists, yet I have only mentioned her on this blog a short number of times. Ella Eyre is such a distinctive and unique artist with a voice too soulful to handle. Her album "Feline" is one of my favourite ever albums as it is one of the only ones where I can never 'skip' a song. In particular, I love "Typical Me" as it is so subtly aggressive and powerful. The song is also rather catchy and Ella Eyre's voice is truly amazing in it. You should really have a listen below!

Hozier - Jackie & Wilson
My next artist you may know from his extremely popular song "Take Me To Church" but today I am focusing on a song of his that is much better in my opinion, "Jackie & Wilson". Like Ella Eyre, Hozier has such a unique voice that you can clearly distinguish whenever listening to one of his tracks and that really 'shines through' in this track. The song always makes me feel happy as its instrumental puts you in that mood; when that instrumental is accompanied by great singing, it becomes an unbelievable song.

Charli XCX - After The Afterparty (Acoustic)
The third song in this post is one that has an original version that is immensely popular but if you ask me, the acoustic version is ten times better! The reason why I like this version is because it really showcases what vocals Charli XCX is capable of which you do not see in her other songs. I can also guarantee you that this song will be stuck in your head after listening as it is just so catchy and infectious. Sadly, I can only find the original to attach to this post so make sure you listen to the great acoustic version after reading this post.

Shawn Mendes - No Promises
Next we have an artist who I have grown to love over this past year! Shawn Mendes has such a raw yet beautiful voice and you can really sense that in this song. My favourite song from his "Illuminate" album, "No Promises" is the kind of song that will get you singing and dancing along whatever mood you are in as it is so catchy. I also love the song as it shows the whole of Shawn's vocal range with him starting off with some really low notes but also featuring some amazing falsetto. This is a song you need to listen to!

Dua Lipa - Thinking 'Bout You
If I am being honest, Dua Lipa is not my favourite artist in the world but this song really shows what the young singer is capable of, hence why I love the song so much and have put it in this post. "Thinking 'Bout You" is quite slow and relaxed compared to her other songs which maybe suggests why I like it so much; at the end of the day, the most popular songs are the ones that stand out! Anyways, this song features some great vocals so I really think you should be listening to it whenever you can.

Kehlani - Keep On
Kehlani's phenomenal debut album "SweetSexySavage" came out last week (a review of the album is coming on Monday) and I am utterly in love with it and all of its content. In particular, I love the song "Keep On" as it is the kind of song that will always have you bopping along whatever mood you are in. I must admit, Kehlani's vocals are not the best in this song but sometimes that doesnt matter when the song is catchy and is bound to get people singing along! If you have not already, please listen to Kehlani's album after reading this as it is unbelievably good.

Tori Kelly - Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing
The final song in this post is one from the recent film "Sing" (which I absolutely love!) and it is by none other than Tori Kelly who voices Meena in the film. As the film is based on a singing competition, you would be right in thinking that there are several songs but this is by far my favourite. The reason for this is because I am a massive Stevie Wonder fan and a massive Tori Kelly fan so when one covers the other, it is bound to be incredible! I really recommend you go and see the film "Sing" as it is great; have a 'taster' of it with this amazing song!

So I hope you enjoyed this post informing you on seven songs that I have fallen in love with, expect much more of this series in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment