Content :

Saturday 13 May 2017

Artist Showcase : Sonny

Hello and welcome to what seems like a long-awaited "Artist Showcase" today. Today's post is based on an artist who has been featured on this blog several times before; his name is Sonny!


Sonny is one of the most unknown people that I have covered on this blog before (so much so that he does not have a wikipedia page), however, he is possibly my favourite person that I have ever covered. The 17-year-old started off uploading videos to Facebook which was how he got discovered by Never Fade Records, home to artists such as Gabrielle Aplin; he also takes inspiration from a bizarre combination of artists from Stevie Wonder to Coldplay.

The reason why I love Sonny so much is because he has such a raw and soulful voice which I desire to have in the future; if I had to pick an artist out there that I could imagine myself sounding like, it would be him. I fell in love with the Geordie when I heard "Princess" which is certainly my favourite song of 2017. The song is so relatable and peaceful which I feel is why I have fallen in love with it so much and also why it was one of the very first songs to be featured in this blog's "Song Of The Week" segment. To think the singer is only three years older than myself and has as much talent as he does, its crazy! Please give the acoustic version of this absolutely incredible song ("Princess") a listen below as I cannot describe how much I love it...


The singer-songwriter released his debut EP not that long ago (which I reviewed on this blog and you can read here) and it has honestly been part of the soundtrack to my life this year! Each song is different yet you can still distinguish Sonny's distinctive voice throughout. There are two songs (excluding "Princess") which I cannot get enough of on this extended-play too, showing that Sonny is not 'one of those people' who just release one song that you like! The first of these two songs is "Two To Tango" which is so upbeat that it will make you want to dance and sing along; so much aggression is put into the song, you simply cannot dislike it. The second of these songs, which I will attack to this post, is "Wage A War". The song (which was also featured as a "Song Of The Week") shows off all of the unbelievable vocals that Sonny is capable of. This song has certainly transitioned into one of my typical shower songs as it has such big vocals that you cannot 'pull off' anywhere else. Give it a listen as I know you will become a fan...


Like I said before, Sonny is possibly the most 'unknown' artist that has featured on my "Artist Showcase" series, meaning I would appreciate it so much more if you supported him. First of all, I would highly recommend following his Spotify as it certainly does not have the recognition it deserves. I would then say go and follow his Twitter so you can keep updated with his news. Please give this guy any support you can as he is such a fantastic artist with bundles of talent!

Song Of The Week :
This week's "Song Of The Week" is by a duo who I have loved for ages now but have bizarrely never been featured on my blog before. Chloe x Halle, a duo made up of two sisters, have been pleasing my ears for ages with their covers but recently they released the amazing "Bougie Party" for the "Dear White People" soundtrack. My queen Beyonce actually signed them to her record label so they must be good! The song makes you want to sing and dance along and has been stuck in my head for weeks. Go and give it a listen when you can!
So I hoped you enjoyed this post on one of my favourite artists at the moment. Next week I will be reviewing Harry Styles' debut album which I surprisingly like - he is my musical guilty pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment