Content :

Saturday 27 May 2017

My Favourite Beyonce Songs (40 - 31)

Hello and welcome to the second post of my mini-series where I countdown my favourite songs by the one and only Beyonce. If you missed the first instalment, i would recommend you go and read it but lets get on with this post...

No. 40 = I Was Here
The first song in today's post is one that is certainly an emotional one and it features some unbelievable vocals. The only reason why this song is so low is because I (personally) feel that the song is not catchy enough and I don't feel like I can really sing-along with it that much. What makes me love it so much is the strong message that is carried all the way throughout the song, stating that she was 'here' and wants everyone to remember all that she has done for herself and everyone.

No. 39 = 6 Inch
Number 39 is the first song in this countdown from Beyonce's latest release ("Lemonade") and the reason why I am such a big fan of this song is because it is very different too any of Queen Bey's other material. In my opinion, Bey's voice is so rich and sultry throughout and it really creates a different vibe to any that I have head. The song is also quite the catchy one, with me having to sing along whenever I listen. The one reason as to why it is so low is because I am not a big fan of The Weeknd meaning I don't really like his verse in this song, it is a great song overall though.

No. 38 = Irreplaceable
Next up we have a song that I would be seriously surprised if you haven't listened to. "Irreplaceable" is one of those songs that you just have to sing-along to every time you listen because is just too catchy! I really do wish that this song wasn't as overplayed as it was because if it wasn't this song could be up way higher in the chart as it is a great song. Also, Beyonce's vocals are incredible in this song, as they are in the whole of the "B'Day" album. Like I said before, if you haven't somehow listened to this song, what are you doing with your life?! You seriously need to listen to it!

No. 37 = Crazy In Love
This is another song that you certainly should've heard before as it is possibly one of Beyonce's most popular singles. "Crazy In Love", Beyonce's first solo single, could be Beyonce's catchiest song and that is just one of the reasons as to why I am such a big fan of it. Also, this song showed just what Queen Bey is capable of and look at where she is now, nearly fifteen years on from the release of this single (I'm even calling her 'Queen")! Just like many of the songs though, this song was (and still is) highly overplayed, meaning I kinda got fed up with it; I still love it though and so should you.

No. 36 = Diva
At number 36 we have the first song in today's post from "I Am Sasha Fierce": "Diva". This song is one of those songs that is guaranteed to get you dancing along as its beat is so infectious, however, this song doesn't seem to show any great vocals that I know bey is capable of; that is why this song is so low. On the other hand, I do love this song and it does still have catchy lyrics that you can sing along to, you should give it a listen!

No. 35 = Deja Vu
"Deja Vu" is yet another song that I love, hence why it's in this chart! The song features Beyonce's hubby Jay-Z, making it the ultimate power couple song. If you ask me, the song is just an all-round good song but I don't really feel like it has anything that makes it stand out above the rest (I still love it though). There are parts which you can sing-along to, parts which you can dance along, and parts where you can admire Beyonce's voice but I, personally, feel like its lacking something to put it any further up in this chart.

No. 34 = Pretty Hurts
Next we have a song with probably the best message out of any Beyonce song at all! "Pretty Hurts" is a song telling people to love themselves for themselves as being 'pretty' never makes you feel good enough. The song is also quite catchy in the chorus, making me love it even more, but I do wish the verses were a little more catchy so I could sing along to them which is why this song is positioned where it is. If the song was a bit more catchy, it could easily be in the top 20. I would still recommend listening though as you can definitely sing along to the chorus.

No. 33 = Don't Hurt Yourself
In this blogpost we've already had the song with the best message but next up we have the song with the best sass! When the first line of a song is "Who the f**k do you think I am?", you know that it is going to be an angry song and this certainly fits that brief. This song is so passionate and you can really feel every word Bey is saying; the song is also a catchy one that gets me singing along. The one reasons to why this song isn't way higher is because, like "Diva", the song doesn't feature many of the amazing high vocals that Beyonce is capable of. However, I do really love this song and I bet you would too!
No. 32 = Run The World (Girls)
The penultimate song of this post is another one that you really should've heard (just like "Irreplaceable" and "Crazy In Love"). "Run The World" is probably the most well-known song from Beyonce's "4" album and I love how it makes you want to dance and/or sing along. The only problem is, just like many other songs in today's post, there isn't many great vocals. This song is so catchy and I can't express how much I love it, I just have to pick out every detail now though as it is so close between every song. You need to start listening to this empowering anthem though!

No. 31 = Resentment
Lastly, we have a song that features some absolutely brilliant vocals from Beyonce, something which the other song needs! Just like "Don't Hurt Yourself", this song is one that is very passionate as well, this time showing heartbreak in a sad tone rather than an aggressive one. The only problem with this song is that it isn't catchy like many off the others, holding it back quite a fair bit; I do genuinely believe though that if this song still had it's emotional tone with some catchy lyrics alongside it, this song could (easily) be in the top ten of my chart!

Song Of The Week :
Even though this post may have dragged on a bit, we still have to do our "Song Of The Week" and this week's song is one that I cannot get enough of! The song is "Dime" by Rachel Crow and it just always makes me want to sing and dance along. Fun fact, Rachel actually competed in The X Factor USA and she was actually one of my favourites. Years have gone since then though and Rachel has matured massively, showing her individual style as an artist on this song. The song is one that I can guarantee you'll love so please listen to it here.
So I hoped you enjoyed the second instalment of my mini-series. Next week I will be uploading a different post, telling you about seven TV shows that you need to watch so get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment