Content :

Friday 24 March 2017

My Top Ten Songs From Movies/ TV Shows

Hello and welcome to another blogpost. Today I will be sharing with you my top ten songs from movies or tv shows. This is going to be a very long blogpost but I really hope you enjoy!

10. Purple Rain from Purple Rain
"Purple Rain" from the film of the same name is a truly iconic song! This song features some incredible vocals that are extremely hard to replicate due to the immensity of Prince's uniqueness. I must admit, the film is not one of my favourites but this song will forever have a place in my heart. Anyways, if you have been living under a rock and have somehow never heard this before, you seriously need to listen to it as soon as you can!




9. The Bare Necessities from The Jungle Book
The Jungle Book is one of my all-time favourite films as I love Disney movies and you cannot deny that this song is an absolute classic! Every time I listen to this song I just have to sing along and I would be surprised if you do not do the same. The song is so catchy and infectious which is probably why I love it so much. This has all of the contents of an amazing song so even if you have listened to it before, please do it again as this song needs to be appreciated.



8. How Far I'll Go from Moana
The next song is the most recent one on this countdown but I cannot express how much I love it and how much I have been singing it! Both versions (Aul'i Cravalho & Alessia Cara) are phenomenal and they reflect the story of the movie so well. The track is incredibly catchy with vocals that any singer would love to perform. If you are one of the many people that have not given Moana the time of day and watched it, I cannot tell you how good it is; it is a 'must-see'!




7. And I'm Telling You from Dreamgirls
The first of two Dreamgirls songs on this post, "And I'm Telling You" is a musical masterpiece with truly unbelievable vocals within it. Jennifer Hudson is such an underrated singer/actress and this song really shows what the American Idol contestant is capable of. If you have never seen Dreamgirls, which is one of my favourite films (not just because it has Beyonce in it though), you honestly need to watch it as soon as you can; you will not regret it!




6. Don't Let Go (Love) from Set It Off
Although the movie "Set It Off" is certainly not the best, I must say that this song is one of my favourite songs by a girlband of all time! En Vogue were such an amazing girlband back in the 1990's and this song shows just how successful they were, charting in the top 5 all around the world. Also, if you have already listened to this song and love it, I would recommend listening to Little Mix's cover from back when they were on X Factor in 2011. Anyways, this song is simply incredible!




5. I Wanna Be Like You from The Jungle Book
Worming its way into the top 5, we have the second Jungle Book song in this countdown, showing just how much I love the film. Whenever this song comes on, you just cannot help but sing or dance along as it is so catchy. Even whilst writing this blogpost, the lyrics are just spinning around in my mind with me singing along to them in my head. If you have somehow never heard this song before, firstly, what have you been doing with your life and secondly, you better go and give it a listen.




4. Independent Women, Part 1 from Charlie's Angels
In fourth place and the first of two Beyonce songs on this countdown, we have the incredible "Independent Women, Part 1" from Destiny's Child who are probably my favourite girlband of all time! The song is incredibly catchy from the very first line to the very last line and every time I listen to the track, I just have to sing along! I am also a fan of the Charlie's Angels film which probably leads me to like this song even more; if you haven't listened to this song or watched the film before, I suggest you do so.




3. The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air Theme Song
In the bronze position we have the only TV show song in this chart, but it is from my favourite TV show of all time! The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air is amazing and so it the theme song to accompany it. With catchy and unforgettable lyrics, something which is quite hard to do in rap music, you cannot argue with the fact that this is a great theme song. Will Smith really managed to bring fun into the rap world back when he was a rapper and this song is a fine example of it, making anyone who listens to it happy. You honestly need to watch The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air whenever you can as it is amazing!
2. Listen from Dreamgirls
Just missing out on the top spot, we have the second Beyonce song and the second Dreamgirls song. Out of all of her songs, I must say that "Listen" is one of my all-time favourites, which is quite something considering how much I love the artist. Beyonce's vocals in the track are literally unbelievable and the tone in her voice is a tone any artist would want. The song also highlights such a key moment in the movie which is another factor contributing to why the song is so great. You really have to 'listen' (please excuse the pun) to this as soon as possible!

1. Stand By Me from Stand By Me
Last but not least, we have what must be one of my favourite songs of all time! "Stand By Me" is one of those songs that you just cannot stop singing whenever it gets into your head as it's lyrics are so undeniably catchy. Ben E King has an incredibly soulful voice that I would do anything to have and this song compliments his voice perfectly. Also, the instrumental is just iconic as it is one of the catchiest ones I have ever heard, so catchy that it has later been sampled in many songs (including Sean Kingston's "Beautiful Girls"). The film is an old one but certainly a good one so whenever you can, make sure you watch the film and listen to this utterly amazing song!

Song Of The Week:
This week's "Song Of The Week" is one that I have been absolutely loving for a while now and it features an artist that you all know I love and an artist that I was originally not a fan of (but this song has changed my opinions of him). I can reveal that the song is the fabulous "Cigarettes And Cush" by Stormzy and Kehlani. The reason why I am such a fan of this song is because it is so 'chilled out' and slow but also so catchy; the song also shows that Stormzy, someone who is predominantly known for his grime rapping, can actually sing. I am pleasantly surprised by the rapper's new album and i would seriously recommend you listen to it, after listening to this amazing song first of course!
So I hope you enjoyed this extra long post. Next week I will be uploading a post showcasing five incredible covers that you need to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment