Content :

Friday 3 March 2017

Review : Disneyland Paris 2017

Hello and welcome to a rather exciting post! Today I am going to be sharing my time in Disneyland with you guys which was honestly one of the best times of my life. Everything was so magical and you forgot about all of your worries; happiness surrounded you. Get ready for an incredible review as I know I am going to be filled with glee whilst writing it...


Day 1 : An Introduction To The Best Place On Earth
We arrived at Disneyland at approximately 5pm and I immediately fell in love just by looking at the hotel. Our hotel was named the Sequoia Lodge and it was themed by the film "Bambi". The hotel was a 'woodland retreat' just minutes away from the park with amenities such as a swimming pool and a sauna; you cannot really get much better! 
Once we had settled in we decided to head to the park in order to the highly recommended fireworks show called "Disney Dreams" and it was honestly one of the best things I have ever seen! As soon as you step into the park everything seems so surreal but as soon as the fireworks started, it felt like I was in a fantasy. The show consisted of several infamous Disney films such as "Peter Pan", "The Lion King" and "Tangled" being projected onto the tower accompanied by pleasing music whilst fireworks went off in the background. It is hard to explain but if you ever see it, it will definitely be one of the best moments of you entire life!

Day 2 : Meeting Characters In The Disneyland Park
In Disneyland Paris, there are two parks (Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios) and on the first day we decided to visit the 'main' park. We got to enter the park early due to staying in an official Disney hotel and we immediately went on "Peter Pan's Flight" which actually turned out to be one of my favourite rides as it felt like I was flying in the air. I also got to meet several Disney characters including Minnie Mouse and Chip and Dale which was fun as I embraced my inner child (there is a photo to your right).
After a relaxing swim in our hotel's pool, we decided to head back into the park to watch the Disney parade, something else that as highly recommended by people online. As soon as it started I fell in love as all of these amazing characters came out dancing and singing on these wonderful floats that were decorated impeccably. I must say my favourite part was the either The Jungle Book or the Toy Story floats as it they are some of my favourite films. You should really see this if you ever go the park!

Day 3 : Experiencing My Favourite Park
As we passed the halfway point of our holiday, we ventured into the Walt Disney Studios park which was honestly something else! The park was scattered with Disney-themed adrenaline rides alongside magnificent live shows, becoming something I will never forget. My favourite of all of the rides had to be the "Rock'n'Rollercoaster" which started at the same speed as Thorpe Park's infamous "Stealth" but also featured many loops and corkscrews whilst playing a medley of the band Aerosmith. It was truly unbelievable but maybe a bit too extreme for some (including my mum).
Another thing about the park that I fell in love with was it's "Toy Story Playland" which was basically a whole land with the theme of Toy Story, making you feel like a toy as everything else was magnified. It also featured rides for all ages such as "The Toy Soldiers Parachutes" and "RC Racer". Other memorable rides for me include the Ratatouille ride which made you feel shrunken down to the size of a rat and one of Disneyland's main attractions, the "Tower Of Terror" which is a ride unlike any other but difficult to explain (I say you have a look online).

Day 4 : Revisiting The Favourites
On our final full day at the park, we decided to simply go back onto the rides that we enjoyed the most as we could not get enough of them! We immediately went on the Ratatouille ride as it has the biggest queues (but it is amazing) before going onto rides such as the "Tower Of Terror", "Peter Pan's Flight", "Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast" and my favourite, the "Rock'n'Rollercoaster. There was one thing that made this day stand out though and that was the fact that is actually snowed in the park! Sure, it may not have layed on the ground but it felt like I was in a winter paradise, something that I never thought I would experience.

Day 5 : Saying Goodbye :(
After one of the best holidays I have ever been on, on day five it was finally time to say goodbye! Like the day before, we spent the day going on a select few of our favourite rides starting off on the "Tower Of Terror" before going on many more. We also got to meet one last character on this day and that character was none other than Buzz Lightyear (pictured to your right) from one of my favourite films "Toy Story". I know it may seem silly, but I dis actually love meeting characters as it brought out my inner child! Sadly, at 2pm we had to leave the park and embark on our journey home, something which I never wanted to do!

Shops & Restaurants
Lastly I thought I would mention the shops and restaurants, a key part of the vacation! As you might have imagined, there was a Disney store everywhere you looked but they were all magnificent! The only problem with them was how overpriced they are, costing nearly four euros just to have a bottle of water! Moving on swiftly, very restaurant we went to in Disneyland was incredible starting off with one of my favourites in the UK, "Planet Hollywood" which we went to twice. I must say, my favourite restaurant of all had to be the "Rainforest Cafe" though! The restaurant's decor was actually incredible, making you feel like you was in a mini rainforest of your own! Another reason why I loved the restaurant so much though was because of its pudding, titled "The Volcano". The pudding was a massive stack of brownies and ice cream with whipped cream on top and it tasted so amazing that I wish I was eating it right now (the dessert is pictured to your right).

This holiday was one of the best that I have ever been on and I would definitely recommend it to all ages! Just writing this blogpost right now is making me miss it massively. Everything about the resort is so magical and it is hard to explain without actually being there. From the food to the attractions, the park i something that I will never ever forget!

Song Of The Week :
The "Song Of The Week" this week has to be the newly-released track called "Slide" by Calvin Harris, Frank Ocean and Migos. The song manages to blend the three artists' different styles and in my opinion, it sounds fantastic. You all know I am a big Frank Ocean fan but I am honestly not being bias when I say it is one of the best tracks of 2017. The song makes you want to dance along endlessly and it's catchy lyrics are bound to get stuck in your head for days; you need to give this song a listen!

So I hope you enjoyed this incredibly long post, I certainly enjoyed writing it and reminiscing. I will see you next week with a great album review.



No comments:

Post a Comment