Content :

Saturday 18 March 2017

Us The Duo's Just Love Tour ~ 10/3/17

Welcome to another post on my blog and today's post is going to be an immense one. Last week, I was lucky enough to see Us The Duo's Just Love Tour when it stopped off in London and it was honestly incredible so I obviously had to do a review on it just like all of the other concerts I go to.

First of all, I thought I would take some time to appreciate the venue which was very aesthetically pleasing. The gig was an intimate one which meant that the venue was tiny but it honestly had one of the nicest interiors of any of the venues I have been to. All of the walls has delicate details bulging out of them and what I loved most about the venue was the fact that there were several beautiful chandeliers scattered across the ceiling, something which I never thought I would see in a venue. I would seriously recommend attending a concert in Bush Hall to anyone as it felt like I was in some sort of posh ballroom, except I was attending an incredible concert!


After admiring the decor of the venue, it was not long before Us The Duo came on as there was no support act at this concert; as soon as they came on, I was in complete awe of them! They started off by singing their 2014 mashup which was the first ever video they uploaded to youtube. This was great as I got to hear their version of great songs like John Legend's "All Of Me" and Clean Bandit & Jess Glynne's "Rather Be" live! They immediately got all of the crowd singing and dancing along which is quite an achievement considering it was their first ever headline gig in London, something that any artist would be proud of! They are also my literal relationship goals, singing and writing together on the road whilst ever so in love with each other - I'm surprised not everyone wants to be like them.

One thing that I loved about the duo's concert is that they did the perfect ratio of covers to original songs, with me not being bored of either of the two topics. Firstly, lets talk about heir originals! Us The Duo sung quite a few of their originals which I am a big fan of; this includes "Fighting For You", "Follow Me", "Stop (Just Love)" and my personal favourite "I'm Me"! I have been a massive fan of the song "I'm Me" and its positive message ever since their "Public Record" EP came out so to hear it live was electrifying. It honestly sounded ten times better live and I am a big fan of the song normally. Although I am not able to attach a video of mine, I would thoroughly recommend you follow my snapchat (billy.carr) as I will be posting snippets from every concert I go to on there.

On the other hand, Us The Duo also sung a lot of covers which I really loved, possibly even more than the originals. There were several that I fell in love with, if not all of them but I thought I would highlight a couple. The first of which is their cover of Meghan Trainor and John Legend's "Like I'm Gonna Lose You" which I was originally not a fan of, however, when the couple did the song completely acapella, I fell in love! The track felt like a completely different song and it really showcased both of their incredible voices with her doing half of the lyrics and him doing the other. I really would watch the cover on their channel here if I were you as you will certainly not forget it!

If I had to choose one, my favourite cover would one-hundred percent have to be "Build Me Up Buttercup" originally by The Foundations. The reason why I loved this so much compared to all of the other songs was because I am a massive lover of all Soul music (something which you most likely all know) so their spin on a Soul track is sure to make me singalong, just like it did to the rest of the sold-out crowd! Like I said, everybody was singing along and their acoustic version of the song was incredible, something I wish I could see again.

To conclude, the gig was incredible and I wish I could go right back there! It was so nice to go to such an intimate concert as I literally haven't been so one so intimate in years! I wish everyone would go to an intimate concert every now and again as it is such a different experience than the massive venues such as the O2 Arena and Wembley. I have been a fan of Us The Duo for ages and my love for them has only grown since seeing them!

Song Of The Week : 
This week's "Song Of The Week" is by an artist who I have honestly fallen in love with over this past month; his name is Sonny and the song is called "Princess"! "Princess" is Sonny's debut single and it is truly incredible with all of its soulful tones and his undeniable great voice. Since the release of "Princess", Sonny has gone on the release another single with his debut EP coming out in the next few weeks. This is gonna be a very bold statement but if I was an artist, which I do want to be in the future, I know I would release music like Sonny's so I think you should really check him out!

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this blogpost, next week I will be a pretty long post showing you my favourite songs from movies or tv shows, get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment