Content :

Friday 31 March 2017

6 Incredible Covers

Hello and welcome to another post on this blog. Today I will be sharing with you six covers which I think are incredible and need to be listened to. These covers may be ones that have already been featured on this blog, been performed by a hugely populated artist or maybe some of them are covers you have never even recognised before. Lets proceed!

Pentatonix - No (originally by Meghan Trainor)
First up we have a band that I have loved for an unbelievably long time but for some bizarre reason have never appeared on this blog (that will change very soon though). The reason why I love Pentatonix is because they are an a capella group, meaning that all of their covers or originals have no instruments excluding vocals. There are loads of songs that I could've picked from but the reason why I chose "No" was because I cannot stand the original in the slightest! However, when Pentatonix released this version, I fell in love as it is so different compared to the Meghan Trainor version.


Sarah Close - Talking Body (originally by Tove Lo)
Next we have one of my favourite artists with a song that was featured in her "Artist Showcase" quite some time ago, Sarah Close! Sarah's covers have captivated me for a long-old time now but this one in particular stands out. The reason for that is the fact that I did not even know the track before hearing the Youtuber's cover; she then made me fall in love with the song. I must say, Sarah Close's vocals in this cover are exceptionally brilliant, especially in the chorus when hitting those notes that are ridiculously high. This is a cover that you need to listen to (if you haven't done so before).


MNEK - A Thousand Miles (originally by Vanessa Carlton)
Next up is yet another song that has been featured on this blog before by the wonderful MNEK. I cannot even deal with how amazing and different this cover is! MNEK switches up the whole track by pretty much turning it into a club track; he does this by adding a seriously catchy beat and sampling the song "Love Shack" throughout. Even if you have heard the original before and you listen to this version, you will probably think it is a completely different track. MNEK is literally a musical genius and this song shows what he is capable of!


Avery Wilson - Jealous (originally by Labrinth)
This next song is certainly the most emotional cover on this post as it almost makes my eyes water every time I listen to it. Avery Wilson possibly has one of the best voices around nowadays and this song compliments his voice perfectly. If I could have another voice, I would certainly have his as his falsetto is undeniably brilliant! He manages to put his emotion across so well in this song with his variation of high and low notes; he even films it in his room with a webcam, showing that it means a lot and he had to record it as soon as possible. I just love it!


Ella Eyre - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off (originally by Jermaine Stewart)
The penultimate track on this post is certainly my favourite! Ella Eyre does a beautiful job in turning this upbeat, pop song into a slow and moody song. The song also shows off the incredible vocals that she is capable of (something which I feel you don't get to hear often in her upbeat numbers). I am also a massive fan of the original track which must surely influence how much I love this cover. Anyways, check it out; i bet you'll be blown away!


Little Mix - Dance With Somebody (originally by Whitney Houston)
Last but not least we have my favourite for girls which is a strong contender with Ella Eyre for my all-time favourite cover. In the cover, the girls mashup the Whitney Houston song with Jason Derulo's "Want To Want Me" and although you think it wouldn't, it honestly sounds incredible. Another thing which makes me love this song is the gospel choir that feature alongside Little Mix as I think it just makes the track fall into so many genres, making so many people love it! This is a cover that you seriously need to have a look at.


Song Of The Week :
This blog's sixth "Song Of The Week" is a track by two artists that I am massively fond of who have collaborated to make what I think is one of the catchiest songs around nowadays; those two artists are Mura Masa & Charli XCX and this song is titled "1 Night"! Like I previously mentioned, this song is extremely catchy and will always get you singing along. These catchy lyrics are then accompanied by an incredible instrumental to form a brilliant track. Mura Masa is potentially my favourite DJ around and this song is some of his finest material!

So I hope you enjoyed what was a fun blogpost to write. Next week I will be uploading the next instalment of my 'much-loved' "Artist Showcase" series which will be showcasing Pentatonix and all of their incredible work.

No comments:

Post a Comment