Content :

Friday 22 September 2017

My Vinyl Collection Pt.2

Hello and welcome to yet another blogpost. Way back in January I uploaded a post dedicated to some of my favourite vinyls and it received great responses; my vinyl collection has accumulated massively since then so I thought why not bring it back! Today I shall be sharing with you five of my favourite vinyls (new and old) so I hope you enjoy!

Moana : The Songs
If you have been reading my blog for a while you'll know that I am a massive fan of the film "Moana" (in fact, it's probably one of my favourite Disney films) so you could probably understand my excitement when I found out they were releasing a vinyl of the movie's soundtrack. The whole record is incredible and not only features songs within the movie but covers of the tracks including Alessia Cara's "How Far I'll Go" which I absolutely love. This is a vinyl I would definitely recommend and here's a taster of "Moana" down below; I hope you like it as much as I do!

Michael Jackson - Thriller
One vinyl that narrowly missed being featured in my last post was Michael Jackson's "Thriller" so I thought I had to mention it today! Not only is this album the greatest-selling album of all time, every song is a masterpiece. I think I have to say that Michael Jackson is one of my favourite artists and this album is really some of his finest work. In GCSE Art at the moment, my chosen theme is "The Like Of Michael Jackson", showing just how much I love the late king of pop. Anyways, I'd probably have to say that "Billie Jean" is my favourite track (although "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)" does come close) so here it is below... 

Little Mix - Glory Days
I think it's pretty clear that I'm a Little Mix fan by how much I talk about them on this blog so I was ecstatic when I found out the girls were releasing "Glory Days" on vinyl in honour of "World record Store Day" earlier this year. Obviously I brought it and it is so lovely to finally be able to hear Little Mix on a vinyl as I have honestly waited so long for it. The album is incredible (it was ranked third-best last year on this blog, behind only Frank Ocean and Beyonce) and every song is one that I can either sing or dance a long to. I am seeing the girls live in November and I'm honestly so excited to finally hear this album live, please listen to part of it down below.

Rag'N'Bone Man - Human
One artist that I am a big fan of but have never mentioned on this blog before is Rag'N'Bone Man. His soulful voice is incredible and I am so happy that he has brought Soul music into the mainstream industry. This album, from start to finish, is utterly beautiful and there are so many tracks that I have fallen in absolute love with. With this in mind, I'd have to say "Bitter End" is my favourite, although I also love "As You Are" and the classic "Human". In November, just after Little Mix, I am seeing him live in not only my hometown but his as well so I bet it'll be a memorable concert. Here is "Bitter End" down below, I hope you love it as much as I do!

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
Last but certainly not least, we have Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On" which is my absolute favourite album of all time. The album is so honest and covers so many personal problems that I think anyone can relate to; each song flows together so well! Alongside Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye is one of my favourite artists of all time and also like Michael Jackson, one of my GCSE Art final pieces was a 'pop art-inspired' acrylic painting of Gaye. This vinyl is the best you will ever listen to and if you have somehow never listened to this album before, what are you doing with yourself?! You must listen to the title track of this phenomenal album below...

Song Of The Week :
This week's "Song Of The Week" is my favourite in a long long time! The musical magician Sam Smith is back and his new track "Too Good At Goodbyes" is one of his best. The song has what, in my opinion, are the best vocals of this entire year and I cannot be happier that Sam Smith has stuck to his roots and not changed his style. If you somehow haven't, listen to this unbelievable song! (P.S. if you're wondering why I am only mentioning this song now, I write my blog posts in two weeks in advance so I am technically writing this as soon as I can!)                     So I hope you enjoyed this post showing you some more of my vinyls. Next week I shall be showing you a post full of artists that I have been loving this year, get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment