Content :

Saturday 30 September 2017

Artists I Have Been Loving This Year

Hello and welcome to yet another blogpost. Today I thought I would share with you some artists that I have been loving this year in some sort of massive "Artist Showcase" post to make up for the lack of them recently. This post includes well-known artists as well as some you may not have heard of before so with ought further ado, let's get into the post!

Sam Smith
We start off today's post with music's latest 'comeback kid'! If you have read my blog for a while you will know that I am a big Sam Smith fan so I was overjoyed when he made his comeback to music at the beginning of this month. "Too Good At Goodbyes" is a literal masterpiece and I cannot stop singing along to it; I cannot wait for his next album which shall hopefully be released by the end of this year. If you have never heard Sam Smith before, you seriously need to get checked out as I think it is impossible to not fall in love with him!

Sampha
Next we have an artist that I really haven't mentioned enough but I cannot get enough of him. Sampha is such a unique and incredible artist that is truly underrated! I saw him at Lovebox earlier this year and every track was just touching and electric, especially "(No One Knows Me) Like The Piano" which I think is one of my favourite songs of this year. Luckily, people are finally starting to realise Sampha's talent as he recently won the "Mercury Prize" award for his album "Process" over artists including Ed Sheeran & Stormzy. You need to check him out!

Lorde
Lorde finally returned to the music scene this year with "Melodrama" and I can tell you now she did not disappoint as in my opinion, this album is even better! Lorde is one of the most unique artists in the industry and she really kept to her roots with her second release, releasing some tunes like "Homemade Dynamite" and "Perfect Places". I can tell you now that I cannot wait to see her live on Saturday (there will be a review coming in a few weeks) alongside Khalid, who I sadly couldn't mention in this post, as I know they will both be incredible so if you have never listened to Lorde before, I'd recommend you do so.

Demi Lovato
This next artist is one that I have adored for many years now and my love for her still continues to grow! Demi Lovato, whether its her acting or her singing, is a genius and her voice easily one of the best in today's modern music industry; I don't think I have ever seen the ex-Disney star perform a song badly as she always belts them out to the best of her ability. Demi's sixth album "Tell Me You Love Me" comes out today and I have already fallen in love with it and it's incredible tracklist dressing personal but relatable issues. If you have never listened to Demi Lovato before, you're certainly missing out!

Sonny
The next person on this list is probably the most unknown out of everyone here but if you have read my blog over this past year, you're probably sick of me mentioning him and how brilliant he is! Sonny is a 19 year old from Newcastle who released his debut EP in May this year; I can tell you now, every track is unbelievable (especially "Princess" which is definitely one of my favourite songs of 2017). I can actually not praise this guy enough so can you please support him by listening to his music and following his social media, he is so worth it!

Sarah Close
Last but not least we have someone who has been dominating my blog since it began, Sarah Close! I have been following Sarah's YouTube channel since she has had about 3000 subscribers and I am so happy that she is finally starting to get a taste of success, releasing music and going on tour (which I am so incredibly excited for). Not only her covers but her originals are one-of-a-kind and truly underrated so I hope you all get behind her as she is possibly my favourite artist at the moment and throughout this year I have not stopped listening to her!

Song Of The Week :
About two weeks ago, Sarah Close released another single and it was amazing (of course); the song is called "Only You" and its obviously our "Song Of The Week". The song may be a little different for Sarah as it has features of EDM in it but she makes it work as her voice suits it perfectly. IF it can turn me, someone who is not an EDM lover, into someone that can't stop listening to it, its worth a listen!

So I hoped you enjoyed this post letting you in on some of my favourite artists at the moment. Next week I shall be uploading a review of my time at Sarah Close's debut tour which I am so bloody excited for so get excited with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment