Content :

Monday 19 September 2016

Capital FM's Summertime Ball ~ 11/06/16

So today i thought i would share with you a little review and some of my photos from one of the best concerts I've been to this year (excluding Beyonce). Capital FM organise this event every year and it has some great acts there so i hope you enjoy it.

Capital FM's Summertime Ball occurs annually at Wembley Stadium and it never disappoints considering how many great people you see at the event. With around 20 people at the event each year, it is great value as well, costing around 65 pounds each year. I have been to the event three times and i plan to carry on doing so as it is always an amazing day. This year when i went, the sun was shining and it was a scorcher, averaging around 25 degrees celsius for the whole day.


When i got to the event after staying in a hotel the night before, me and my sister saw a load of cardboard cutouts scattering the infamous walkway up to the stadium with the details of a competition next to every cutout. The competition was to win ticket upgrades to the golden circle (one of the best possible tickets to the event) and being the concert-lovers that me and my sister are, we entered into the competition, not expecting anything from it. About an hour or two later though, we got a message from one of the event organisers saying we won! This was incredible for us as it meant we could be literally next to the stage for the event.
  Once we were in the stadium and in our upgraded area, we was overwhelmed with excitement as we knew how good of a concert this would be. Shortly afterwards the first act of the night came on; Little Mix. If you've read this blog before you'd know my thoughts on Little Mix and they did not disappoint in the slightest, singing one of the biggest sets of the entire night and because we had our ticket upgrade, the four girls were performing right next to us, meaning i got some great photos.


As the world-famous acts continued to pour onto the stage, my photos got better and better, with me getting even better photos! To prove how close i was, i wanted to take a photo when one of the stars was close to me and i was in luck. As The Vamps performed, who were actually a lot better than i thought as I'm not the biggest fan of them, the lead singer literally stopped at what must've been a metre or two away from me. This meant that i got some amazing photos of the singer including the one to your left, without even zooming in at all.
After The Vamps finished, the concert started to become even better, with loads of acts such as Nick Jonas, Zara Larsson and Lukas Graham being extremely close to me. Nick Jonas was one of the best though, with him standing a matter of metres away from me for the whole of his set. I managed to get some unbelievable photos of him during his set by just using the slightest zoom. This photo to your right is one of my favourites of him as it showed just how close i was as i only had to use the tiniest zoom.

After about half of the event I saw someone standing directly next to the stage watching the other acts perform. That person was none other than MNEK! Even though he was performing later, MNEK just decided to go into the crowd to enjoy the acts like us fans and it was just another reason why i love the man. Despite only singing a few songs, his set was unbelievable as well, showcasing the amazing vocals that he has. I am currently waiting for him to release another concert for me to attend.


After a couple more acts, including will.i.am, Sigala and Craig David, Flo Rida came onstage. I must admit, the rapper doesn't have the best voice or songs but he sure got the crowd going with his set. Throughout his fairly big set for an artist of his popularity, Flo Rida was throwing roses into the crowd and also spraying champagne, which i managed to get a great photo of. I was pleasantly surprised by his set and i made me not mind seeing him again.


One of the last acts of the night was someone who i am in love with right now, Ariana Grande. I had never seen her before and she was actually one of the main reasons why i wanted to go to the event. The pretty tiny girl impressed all 80,000 people inside the stadium with her incredible range and brilliant performance. Performing the longest set of the night, Ariana was one of the best people i have ever seen live, pleasing everyone by performing both her old, classic hits and her new material. Her set alone made this a night i'll never forget.
During her song One Last Time, Ariana Grande was walking around the stage, trying to engage with everyone before directly in front of me! That brief minute or two where i was about a metre away from Ariana Grande, one of my favourite people, is probably the  greatest and happiest moment of my life so far and i felt so in the moment with the buzz and adrenaline rushing through me, it is a moment i will definitely never forget. Even though it may not be the greatest of quality, I took a snapchat on my phone of the singer directly opposite me and it has to be one of my favourite photos I've ever taken as it shows how excited i was by the slight shakiness, and also how close i was by not having to zoom in at all. Ariana Grande was one of the best people i have ever seen live (excluding Beyonce) and i cannot wait until her Dangerous Woman tour dates come out for the UK so i can have a chance of seeing her again.

Before i end this post, i thought i would talk about some other great acts that i didn't manage to get any good pictures of. Firstly there is Jess Glynne who i am a massive fan of as she always performs amazingly and has some great songs. This time wasn't any worse with her singing a big set and getting the crowd singing along too. Secondly, there was Major Lazer who got the crowd jumping to their infectious beats and put everyone in a good mood for the rest of the night. Thirdly, theres Zara Larsson who i have become a big fan of recently as she has an incredible voice and puts on an incredible show, in fact i really think that she weirdly sounds a little like Rihanna. Lastly, theres my guilty pleasure, also known as Craig David. I think Craig David was one of the best acts of the night after Ariana Grande, doing a mammoth dj set and getting the crowd jumping with both his old and new stuff; i am currently trying to grab tickets to his upcoming tour.
Overall, the event was amazing and has to be one of the best days of my life (yet again excluding Beyonce) as it was amazing from start to finish. I really recommend you try and go to the Summertime Ball next year as it is an event you'll never want to forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment