Content :

Friday 20 January 2017

7 Songs You Should Listen To Pt.11

Hello and welcome to yet another "7 Songs You Should Listen To"! In today's post, I am going to be sharing seven more songs that I think are great in the hope that you will fall in love with them like I did; lets get started...

Rihanna - Love On The Brain
If I had to describe this song in one word, I would say it is a 'needle in a haystack' as I personally think Rihanna's "ANTI" album is really bad excluding this one song. The reason why I like this song is because it features some great vocals by Rihanna which will probably surprise you. Alongside this, the song slightly reminds me of many slow-tempo Motown songs which anyone who reads this blog will know I adore! This song is surprisingly amazing so give it a listen below...

Tori Kelly Ft. Daye Jack - Expensive
Next up we have Tori Kelly who is one of my favourite artists, yet I have never mentioned her in this blog before. I just think that the American singer-songwriter has such a unique and extraordinary voice which needs to be appreciated. Her "Unbreakable Smile" album is one of my all-time favourites and this song in particular is great as it features some insane vocals. The song is also really catchy and will have you singing along so listen to it down below.

Mahalia - Rollercoaster
This next artist is one that is extremely unknown and I only discovered her about two weeks ago when she got recommended to me by Spotify's "Discover Weekly" playlist. The reason why I fell in love with her and this song was because her voice is incredibly unique and innocent. When this is accompanied by catchy lyrics, it makes an absolutely great song that anyone can fall in love with. Like I said before, Mahalia is an unknown artist so it would be great if you could check this and all of  her other songs out after reading this post.

Marian Hill & Lauren Jauregui - Back To Me
The fourth song on this blogpost is one that I only discovered a couple of weeks ago but I have fell in love with. Marian Hill and Lauren Jauregui's (who you may know from Fifth Harmony) vocals match each other's perfectly which makes the song so much better. Alongside this, the vocals are great and the beat to accompany it is incredibly infectious and will definitely make you want to dance. I am in love with Marian Hill's album and I hope that Lauren Jauregui releases solo music in the future as I know it will be amazing!

Us The Duo - I'm Me
This next song was featured on one of my posts last week and I loved it so much that I had to put it in this one! Us The Duo are a band that I am in love with and this song really shows just what they can do. The song is based around Camden's (a soldier who feels pressure because he is gay) story and it has such a strong message, telling everyone not to worry about what others think and focus on how you perceive yourself. This message is then accompanied by some unbelievable vocals and a great instrumental, making it a great song that you need to listen to below...

Anderson .Paak - Put Me Thru
The second-to-last artist in this post is yet another artist who I discovered not so long ago when I found out he would be supporting Bruno Mars on his "24k Magic World Tour". This song, and many others, have made me excited not only for Bruno Mars, but for Anderson .Paak as well. I personally think his voice is very soulful and when he mixes that voice with rap, it sound like something great which I have never heard before. I recommend you listen to all of this 16 minute video of him performing as it is brilliant!

Chance The Rapper Ft. Lil Wayne & 2 Chainz - No Problem
Lastly, we have what I think is my favourite song at the moment, simply because it puts you in such a great mood. I never really listened to Chance The Rapper until a month ago, even though I knew he had such high praise and now that I frequently listen to him, I just think to myself, why didn't I listen to him sooner? His voice is so calming and relaxing, something which is quite hard to do where you're a rapper and his "Colouring Book" EP is honestly insanely good! This song in particular shines though as it is just so 'feel-good' and it makes you want to get up and dance whenever you listen. If you haven't already, you need to check out Chance The Rapper!

So I hoped you enjoyed the eleventh instalment of this post, expect this series to be going on for a long time as it is honestly my favourite to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment