Content :

Monday 23 January 2017

My Vinyl Collection

In today's blogpost I thought I would switch things up a little and discuss my vinyl collection with all of you. I brought my first vinyl in about August last year and since then I have built up quite a collection, hence why I am writing this blogpost in order to share them with you (disclaimer : not all of my vinyls will be featured in this post, just those which I love the most). I hope you enjoy and let me know if you would like to see a sequel of this post in the future.

Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour (Drowning Shadows Edition)
What better way to start this blogpost off than with the very first vinyl that I brought. In my opinion, Sam Smith is one of the best artists of this generation and he is honestly such a musical role model of mine. His voice is so soothing which really shows on this 4-sided vinyl! Another reason why I love this vinyl is because it features not only his "In The Lonely Hour" album but also several covers including "How Will I Know" which was featured in one of my "7 Songs You Should Listen To" posts before. This is a truly magnificent vinyl which I think you all need to get and here is a little taster of it to hopefully get you interested.

Beyonce - B'Day
Next up we have my favourite ever artist and a vinyl which is actually really hard to get! Ever since I first brought my turntable, I have always wanted a Beyonce vinyl but it wasn't until I looked online that I realised how hard they are to buy! Anyways, my sister managed to grab this vinyl on Ebay of all places and I was lucky enough to receive it for Christmas. Beyonce's voice is just unbelievable and it sounds even better on vinyl! With a mix of upbeat songs and powerful ballads, this is a vinyl that I would thoroughly recommend and to show you how good it is, I'm going to show you one of my favourite songs on the record ("Resentment") below...


Stevie Wonder - Hotter Than July
If you read my blog before you'll know that the 'Motown' era is one of my favourite musical eras of all time and Stevie Wonder is one of the era's most successful artists ever, obviously meaning I am a massive fan of his! I must say, this album is one of his best and it is filled with several incredible songs that are guaranteed to make you feel good! In particular, "Master Blaster" is my favourite song as it always makes you want to sing-along as well as bop along just like the rest of the album. You can listen to the song below in the hope that you will listen to the rest of this incredible album!

Bruno Mars - 24k Magic
The fourth record in this post is the newest record in this post! Bruno Mars is an amazing artist and this is an amazing album that shows such independence - one of the best of 2017 in my opinion! There are so many incredible songs on this album including "Chunky" and "That's What I Like" which will always make you want to belt out the vocals or dance alongside them. Whenever you can, make sure you check out this amazing album as I can promise you that you'll love it!

Tori Kelly - Unbreakable Smile
Last but not least we have one of my most loved artists with a truly unbelievable album. Tori Kelly is such an authentic and underrated artist who has a voice that really needs to be listened to! This record features some amazing vocals and some amazing songs including "Unbreakable Smile", "Talk" and my personal favourite "Expensive". If you are ever looking for a new artist and a great album, Tori Kelly's "Unbreakable Smile" is an album you honestly must listen to as it is one of my favourite albums of this decade, trust me, you do not want to miss out!

So I hope you enjoyed this different blogpost. Like I said at the beginning of the post, please let me know if you would like a sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment