Content :

Sunday 8 January 2017

My (Musical) Guilty Pleasures

Hello and welcome to a post unlike any other that I have done before. This blogpost is about artists that I really enjoy that I perhaps shouldn't. I must say, these artists are not artists that everyone hates, they are just not artists that 'fit' my music taste. I hope you enjoy.

To start off, I thought I would talk about my favourite band in todays music industry! Little Mix are a four-piece girlband whose fanbase is mostly made up of young girls. However, the reason why I like the four girls is because I genuinely think that they all have brilliant voices and make great songs. I really want to try and break this thought that they are just for children as I genuinely think that they deserve worldwide success.

Little Mix's latest offering "Glory Days" is currently celebrating it's fourth successive week at number one, hopefully meaning that people are starting to feel the same as me towards them. Another reason why the album is at number one is because it contains some genuinely incredible songs. If you saw my last post you will know that I absolutely love the song "Power" and also I am utterly in love with the song "Touch" as it just makes you always want to sing along. I find it really great how you can really see the girlband's evolution throughout the four albums and I can only see it getting better from here. Give these four ladies some support, first by listening to their amazing song "Touch".


From one girlband to another, next up we have The Saturdays who I used to be a massive fan of! The Saturdays were a five-piece girl group who, just like Little Mix, had an audience of young girls, and me of course! The reason why I liked them so much is because at the time they originated, there wasn't really any other girlbands around, making them seem so current and so different. Even though they are now not together, I feel like they really deserve some recognition as they were a genuinely good band.

During their long stint as a girlband, the five girls released seven albums, embarked on four UK arena tours and had a whopping 13 top ten singles. My favourite of their albums had to be "Headlines" as it was one of those albums that I enjoyed every single song that was on it! Another reason why I loved the album so much was because it contained my favourite 'Saturdays' song which is "Higher". I loved the song because it was so very catchy from the very beginning. Also, I really think that the girls show some great vocals in it; some may like to differ. Have a listen to the song below...


My third artist is quite a controversial one which many people say is 'pop-rubbish'; that person is Cher Lloyd. Ever since she first auditioned for The X Factor, I loved Cher Lloyd for her attitude and aggression that she put into every single performance. Cher based her music around young children but it she actually turn out quite successful having a number one single and a top five album. She may not be popular now but I feel like she deserves more musical recognition than she got.

I must admit, her first single "Swagger Jagger" was pretty bad but the rest of her debut album "Sticks & Stones" was great in my opinion. The album debuted at number four on the charts and was fairly popular around the UK but not really with the right audience. My favourite of the tracks on the album has to be "Superhero" which I absolutely love. To me, the song is great as it will always have you singing along and I can promise it will get stuck n your head for ages. Listen to the song below and see what you think.


The last person in this blogpost is someone that I have featured on this blog a number of times but is certainly not like anyone else on this post. Craig David is an artist who has had a lengthy career spanning 17 years but he has not exactly been held in high regard. I must admit, he does not have the best voice but he does have the ability to make any song catchy which is probably the reason why he has had such a long career.

Over the years, Craig David has released six albums which are all amazing. In particular, I like his newest album "Following My Intuition" as it shows how the singer can adapt to todays music after he took a rather long break from music. My favourite song of his however is "7 Days" which was released way back in 2000. The reason why I like the song (which is talked about in my "Best Throwback Songs You Should Listen To" post") is because it is just extremely catchy and will always have you singing along. The song is one of those songs that will get stuck in your head for days! I really feel like Craig David deserves more praise for his creative prowess.


I really hoped you enjoyed my post on these four artists that I love, even if they aren't held in high regard. Let me know if you want me to do any more posts like this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment