Content :

Friday 6 January 2017

The Best Of Songs That You Should Listen To

Hello and welcome to what in my eyes is quite a momentous post for this blog as it marks the tenth instalment of my "7 Songs You Should Listen To" series and it fills me with pride to know that I have been consistent enough to never miss my fortnightly upload of this. As this is the tenth instalment, I thought I would select seven of my favourite songs that have featured in this series so far in the hope that you recall them and like them. These songs are in no particular order though as it was hard enough to pick seven songs, let alone ranking them. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

Mura Masa - What If I Go?
If you read my blogpost this time two weeks ago, you will know that this song was one of the songs that I have listened to most this year. The reason for this is that the song is just so catchy and it will make you sing-along no matter what mood you are in. When these catchy lyrics are accompanied by a catchy beat that will make you want to dance, it really shows just how great the song is! Unfortunately, this song isn't as 'well-known' as the others on this chart so I would really appreciate it if you gave it some love, starting off by listening to it below...


Alessia Cara - How Far I'll Go
Unlike some of the other artists in this blog, I had a lot of Alessia Cara songs to choose from to put in this post; I went with "How Far I'll Go" because the song is so uplifting and catchy, a factor which I think most songs need! Also, it is quite surprising that it comes from a Disney movie as the song, along with the rest of the soundtrack, are extremely unique and constructed ever so well. However, saying that, Moana is one of my favourite Disney films in a while (you all need to check it out). Anyways, make sure you have a listen to this amazing song whenever you can!


Louisa Johnson - So Good
When I put this song in my countdown (on the day it was released), I had absolutely no idea that the track would have the amount of success that it would have, with the song still being in the top 20 after 9 weeks in the charts! I am so happy that the song has had it's colossal success though as her vocals are truly incredible in the song (and they sound exactly the same live)! The song is also a really catchy one and it will have you singing along for ages and ages, all more the reason you should have a listen down below...


Kehlani - Did I
Kehlani is one of those artists that has such a distinctive voice that you can recognise it anywhere, something that really does her music justice. "Did I" literally just missed out on my "Top Songs Of 2016" post but I have been loving this song since the beginning of that controversial year. I love how the singing flows into the rapping so fluently and how the chorus will get stuck in your head for days on end! This song is one that you will almost definitely love as it is so different to anything out there today; it deserves a listen! (disclaimer: the video below is a shortened, 1 minute 30 video as it is the only one I could attach)

Frank Ocean - Self Control
I had to pick one of Frank Ocean's songs to be in this post as my love for him extended so much this year after the release of his album "Blonde"! I decided to choose "Self Control" as the song just makes you feel so chilled-out and relaxed with it's smooth melody and infectious lyrics. The song (and the album) are just so different to anything other music out there in the fact it literally captivates you, completely taking your problems away and making you feel tranquil. The only problem is you will not be able to listen to the original on this blog but Vince Kidd's rework of the song is also amazing.

Little Mix - Power
Just like Frank Ocean, I had to pick one of Little Mix's songs to be in this post as I personally think that their album "Glory Days" is their best album yet, breaking records all around the world. I decided to go with the song "Power" as it is my favourite track on the album, providing listeners with incredible vocals from all four girls that anyone in their right mind would want to sing along to. Also, the accompanying beat is great, making you want to get up and dance at anytime that you are listening; I think this track really deserves a listen whenever.

Childish Gambino - 3005
Last but certainly not least we have Childish Gambino who is probably my favourite rapper in today's music industry! The reason why I love him so much is because he knows how to manipulate his voice in order to make the song sound better; you can tell this as he switches from rap to singing so smoothly. Anyways, "3005" is possibly one of my favourite songs ever! The reason for that is because it is so relaxing for a 'rap song' and his singing vocals are also incredible. The track is one of those tracks that you can just memorise all of the words to rather quickly as it is so catchy. This song deserves so much more recognition than it already has so please give it a listen down below, sadly, I can only show one minute of this song though, just like "Did I" as the YouTube do not own the rights to the song.


So I hope you enjoyed this post showing you the my favourite songs of this series so far. This is such a fun post to write so expect many more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment