Content :

Friday 13 January 2017

Artist Showcase : Us The Duo

Hello and welcome to my monthly "Artist Showcase" post. Today I am going to be talking about band that I am seeing live in March and a band that are truly unique; their name is "Us The Duo".


Michael & Carissa Alvarado are a pop duo who rose to power due to their videos on Vine. The husband-and-wife were thought to be the first people to get a record-deal due to their work on vine and when the social media platform went bust, they ventured onto YouTube. They currently have 1.6 million subscribers and they regularly release music on it. Recently, the duo went on tour with Pentatonix which really saw their popularity rise, although I have been a fan since they first became popular on Vine.

In December last year, Us The Duo released an EP titled "Public Record" and the reason why it was so unique and amazing was because the EP had five songs which were all true stories by members of the public. These stories were then made into songs by the duo and they are honestly unbelievable considering they wrote it about someone else. My favourite song on the EP is called "I'm Me" which is about someone called Camden who is a soldier who happens to be gay. Us The Duo wrote the song to show Camden that he shouldn't care about what other people think because he is who he is. The song has a great message so have a listen below...


Even though their original music is amazing, the thing that Us The Duo are known for most is their covers. If it wasn't for their incredible covers on Vine and YouTube, they might not have the record deal that they have today so they really were momentous when it comes to their career! My favourite covers of their's are the ones where they cover all of the previous year's hit songs in the space of about three minutes. I just find this so creative and original and I think the duo's latest one really deserves some recognition by watching the video below!


Just like MNEK, Us The Duo have already had success to a certain extent but I can't help but feel that they need more! 1.6 million may be a hefty amount of subscribers, but it is nothing in comparison to what they deserve. If you haven't already, please subscribe to their YouTube channel by clicking this link. The couple's voices are insane and original so why can't they have many more subscribers! 

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this month's edition of "Artist Showcase", next month I will be covering Avery Wilson who is someone truly incredible so I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment