Content :

Monday 16 January 2017

Another 10 Throwback Songs You Should Listen To

Hello and welcome to an extremely long-awaited second post of "10 Throwback Songs You Should Listen To". Today I am going to be guiding you through ten of my favourite all-time songs in the hope that you like them too. I hope that you enjoy...

Stevie Wonder - Superstition
To start off this rather long blogpost, I thought I would mention what is possibly one of the greatest songs of all time; that song is the incredible "Superstition"! I absolutely adore this song as it just makes you want to either sing or dance along every time you listen. Stevie Wonder is one of my musical icons as everything he touches turns to gold. He was a played a key role in the popularisation of Motown music and this song clearly helped. This song is truly unbelievable and if you have somehow never heard it before, you seriously need to now!

Bruno Mars - Somewhere In Brooklyn
Next up have a song that may be unknown to you but this song is easily one of my favourites from the 21st century! I have always been a massive fan of Bruno Mars (I cannot wait until I see him live for the first time in April) and this song from his debut album "Doo-Wops & Hooligans" features a great voice and infectious lyrics. I can guarantee you that if you listened to this song, it would get stuck in your head for hours as it is such a great song. Songs like this one prove that the singles from an album aren't always the best.

Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
The third song in this post is different to every other song in this post as it is by a Rock band which is not really my 'style' of music. Nevertheless, Queen are one of the most famous bands of all time and this song really does them justice, transitioning their 'rocky' style of music into pop. Personally, I think this song will be eternally loved by everyone and I would be shocked if you do not love it. The song is so catchy and infectious and like all of the other songs in this countdown, it is one of my favourites of all time!

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
"Crazy" may seem unknown to you by I know you will recognise it once you hear it! Anyways, I am a massive fan of this song as I love the hints of Soul and R&B music throughout. The vocals are absolutely insane for a male voice and it was only recently that I realised it was Cee Lo Green, the person behind songs such as "Forget You" and "Bright Lights Bigger City". I also love singing this song as it compliments my voice quite a bit as I have a similar vocal range. Whenever you have the time, please make sure you have a listen as I bet you will recognise this amazing song.

Beyonce - Love On Top
Next up we have my all-time favourite artist with a song from my all-time favourite album. "Love On Top" is such an incredible song as I think Beyonce's vocals are amazing throughout the whole song. The whole of the "4" album is so honest and truthful and I really think this album brought R&B back, especially with this song. The song is so catchy and I am not surprised that this is one of her most popular songs! If you have never heard this Beyonce song before, go and listen to this song (or the whole of the "4" album, my favourite of Beyonce's).

The Black Eyed Peas - Where Is The Love?
When they first became popular, The Black Eyed Peas were so unique and even today, there is no one remotely similar to them. The band were so edgy and not afraid to do anything which I feel really helped transform today's music industry into the 'wacky' state that it is in today. "Where Is The Love?" is such a powerful song with such a strong message and I really think it helped The Black Eyed Peas become the massive band that they are today as it gave them a voice; it made people listen to them. The chorus will be stuck in your head forever but this is a song that will forever be loved in your memory. You need to listen to this song!

John Legend - Used To Love U
Next up we have John Legend who was featured in the last post of this, just showing how much of a role model he is to me! "Used To Love U" is such an uplifting song that is guaranteed to put you in a good mood which is quite ironic considering it is about a breakup. The gospel choir in the background also make this song stand out as it makes you feel and sense John Legend's emotions alongside the lyrics. This song is also guaranteed to make you want to bop along which I suggest you do when listening to the track below...

Chiddy Bang - Ray Charles
This song is certainly the least known on this post as it is by a relatively unknown artist but it was honestly one of my favourite songs whilst growing up. Chiddy Bang are an American duo who released this song back in 2011 and I immediately fell in love with it. Firstly, the rapping is amazing and catchy as i have memorised every single lyric. Secondly, the chorus is amazing as it completely switches up the song with what seems to be a gospel choir and thirdly, the song is so wacky and funny, being written about Ray Charles and how he manages to cope with his life. You need to give this song a listen as I know you'll love it!


Michael Jackson - P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
The penultimate song in this post is by one of my favourite artists! Michael Jackson was an incredible artist and I really wish I was old enough to truly experience him whilst he was alive. In particular, his "Thriller" album has to be one of the best albums of all time, making it really hard to pick a song for this countdown! Anyways, "P.Y.T." is such an incredible song as it will always make you sing along to its infectious lyrics. You can tell Michael Jackson was extremely happy whilst writing this as the emotions really show throughout the track, making you feel happiness as well whilst listening to it. You need to listen to this amazing track...


Jennifer Hudson - And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going
Last but by no means least we have the incredible Jennifer Hudson and this rather long-named song from the hit film "Dreamgirls" which is one of my favourite ever films (not just because Beyonce is in it though)! When you listen to this power ballad, you feel the emotions yourself as the song is so captivating with its heartwarming lyrics. The vocals contained within it are also unbelievable and Jennifer Hudson is such an underrated singer who I think you all need to check out whenever you can (just make sure you finish reading this post first though).

So I hope you enjoyed this extremely long post telling you what I thin kare some of the best songs ever! Expect a lot more 'fun' material like this coming to my blog in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment