Content :

Saturday 10 December 2016

7 Songs You Should Listen To Pt.8

Hello and welcome to another blogpost. Toady I am going to be guiding you on seven more songs that you really need to listen to! Please let me know if you enjoy them as they are some of my favourites...

Leon Bridges - Brown Skin Girl
To start off this blogpost, why not go with the song that is hands down my favourite song at the moment?! I only discovered Leon Bridges recently and now I am in love with his music. In particular, I love "Brown Skin Girl" because it sounds just like a Motown song (which you may know is my favourite music genre) by someone like Ben E King or The Temptations and you are always singing along to it! The track is extremely catchy and his album "Coming Home" is one of the best I have listened to in a while. If you are searching for a relatively new artist to fall in love with, I thoroughly recommend Leon Bridges.


Jess Glynne - Love Me
If you read my blog last week you will know that I recently went to see Jess Glynne on her "Take Me Home Tour" and I realised I have never actually put any of her songs in my blog even though I am such a big fan of her's. With this in mind, I decided to put my favourite song from the album "I Cry When I Laugh" in here. The reason why I admire "Love Me" is because it just has an element of sass and attitude which almost makes the song feel powerful. In my eyes, the song also sounds a lot like Jessie J, someone who I am a massive fan of (and features in this post later) so I am not surprised I love it so much. Have a listen below...


Childish Gambino - Zombies
In my most recent post, the topic was Childish Gambino's latest release and my favourite track off of that has to be "Zombies". I love this song in particular because it shows a different side to the rapper/singer's voice that I have never heard before; I guess you could say it is a little raspier than his usual material. The chorus is also a catchy one (something that I personally think is needed in every song) and you can really sense the elements of horror when listening, possibly something that was meant as it is a connotation to the word "Zombie". Anyways, although I cannot link the song below, please make sure you check the track out!

Kehlani - Distraction
You may have heard of Kehlani before as she has been featured in my blog many times with her song "Did I" and recently I discovered another one of her songs which I think is amazing. The track is titled "Distraction" and it is extremely catchy. It is one of those songs that will be stuck in your head for days! Do not let that put you off though as it shows a great set of vocal ability from the singer and I personally prefer it to "Did I". If you loved her previous songs, please check out this one as I know that you will 100% love it; you can have a listen below...


Noah Cyrus Ft. Labrinth - Make Me (Cry)
In my opinion, Timothy Mackensie (aka Labrinth) is one of the most talented people in today's industry so when I heard he was making a brief comeback alongside Noah Cyrus, I was thrilled! If you ask me, the song is emotional yet catchy which I think really makes it stand out. Also, it is nothing like I expected from someone who is the sister of Miley Cyrus, one of the wackiest people out there; the song sound like a mix between Miley herself and Lana Del Rey which is incredibly interesting. See whether you agree by listening below...

John Legend - I Know Better
This next song is from John Legend's latest release "Darkness & Light" (which I will be reviewing in the next post) and to be honest with you, there were about five different tracks from the album that I could've chosen to put in this post. The reason I decided to chose "I Know Better" out of all of the songs was just because the song was so simplistic, providing perfect vocals along with great acoustics. You can also really tell that the song is very meaningful when listening to it with lines such as "Legend is just a name" and "Some things I've done before I cannot justify". The song makes You feel so connected to his emotional rollercoaster so have a listen and see whether you have the same experiences.


Jessie J - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
Last but certainly not least, we have Jessie J who I think is my favourite vocalist to emerge from the UK. Her vocal range is unbelievable as still amazes me to this day so when I heard about her releasing a new single in partnership with Make-Up Forever, I was ecstatic! The song is a cover of the Frankie Valli song, which has been covered an endless amount of times yet this version seems to almost revolutionise it in my eyes. The song is very catchy like the original but the difference with this one is that it makes you want to dance along, unlike the original which is a track you'd just sway along to I guess. Anyways, check out this amazing song when you can!


So I hoped you enjoyed yet another 7 songs that you should listen to. Let me know if you did and please give me any feedback to make my blog better in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment