Content :

Monday 19 December 2016

Capital FM's Jingle Bell Ball ~ 4/12/16

In todays blogpost I thought I would review a concert I went to a couple of weeks ago. This was the Jingle Bell Ball (which you may have seen me review before) and it was a great night and a great event. The concert is always one that gets you in the christmas spirit with all of its festivity and this year it sure did! Anyways, today I am going to be ranking the artists from ten to one based on how much I enjoyed them; I certainly hope you enjoy it too.

10 = Martin Garrix
In number ten we have Martin Garrix who actually headlined the concert. The only reason why he is in last is because I saw virtually none of his set as I had to head back home. However, from what I did see online, he did get everyone moving and the guest appearance from Bebe Rexha sounded great. Also, the pyrotechnics looked out of this world which makes me quite sad that I missed it. To conclude, I will attach part of the set down below for you to experience.

9 = The Vamps
In ninth place are The Vamps who, even though they put on quite a show, are not really my kind of music, hence why they're so low on the leaderboard. On the other hand, the drum and guitar solos in the set were great and it really showed everyone that they weren't just like every other boyband. It was also clear to see that all of the girls loved it. Also, unlike Martin Garrix, I did manage to take my own photos during all of the other acts, which you can see to your left. 


8 = DNCE
In eighth place are the band that I was actually looking forward to the least but they pleasantly surprised me. The reason for their placing in this chart is the fact that they really hyped up the crowd for the rest of the show, proving that they were the perfect act to open up. Like The Vamps, they also did a great guitar solo, probably better than The Vamps actually. They also did an amazing and unique cover of the classic that is No Scrubs (have a listen below).


7 = Years & Years
Next up is Years & Years who I have been a fan of for a long time. The reason why they are so low in this chart is because I have seen them so many times that I feel the performance lacked originality and uniqueness. I cannot deny that Olly (the lead singer) has such an incredible voice that I can never be bored of though. Also, I got to hear one of my favourite songs that I feel so connected to; that song is "Eyes Shut" which I will leave attached below, alongside what I think is a great photo.


6 = Jonas Blue
In sixth place is Jonas Blue who was surprisingly good, despite technically being the 'smallest' on the lineup. The reason why he was so good was because he got all of the 20,000 people dancing along to every one of his infectious songs. I would happily see the DJ again as I enjoyed every single song of his. The set was also filled with guest performances, including one with J.P Cooper (which you can watch below) who I think has a brilliant voice. Lastly, I managed to capture what I thought was a great photo to your left, showing Jonas Blue loving his job.


5 = Sigma
Making it into the top five we have Sigma who I have seen plenty of times before, always putting on an unbelievable show. The reason why they are always so good is because they always create such an immense atmosphere. I also loved how they performed one of my favourite ever songs "Coming Home" as it has such a strong message. Lastly, I loved the guest appearance from Birdy who is a sensational singer, hence why I will attach that song below (alongside a picture of the two collaborators).


4 = Ellie Goulding
In fourth place we have Ellie Goulding who is someone I think everyone knows and loves. Her set felt just like her own concert as she sang seven songs, more than any other artist which were all so amazing and energetic with her distinctive voice. The only reason why she is not higher on this chart is because I have seen her many times before. However, saying that, I hadn't seen her in a while meaning that I got to hear songs like "Still Falling For You" for the first time. Anyways, she put on a great show and you can watch part of it below...


3 = James Arthur
Claiming the bronze medal in this array of artists is James Arthur who you probably know I am a massive fan of from my "7 Songs" series. I can tell you now that this performance definitely did not let him down as he managed to make the O2 (a massive venue with 20,000+ people) feel very intimate with just him and his guitarist by his side. Also, the X Factor winner did what was possibly one of the best covers I have ever heard. He managed to completely switch up "Into You" by Ariana Grande whilst mashing it up with "Ignition". Have a listen below...


2 = Louisa Johnson
Just missing out on the top spot we have Louisa Johnson who you probably all know I am a big fan of , so much so that I have actually met her before. Her set was truly incredibly and it really implements her success : performing on a great lineup just one year after winning the X Factor. Her voice was unbelievable and I would happily see her again, hopefully on her own tour one day. Lastly, she put on an amazing performance and it was also my first time seeing "So Good" live which was out of this world.


1 = Shawn Mendes
Finally, in first place we have Shawn Mendes who I can happily say is 'up there' with some of the best people I have ever seen live! The Canadian-born singer is such an amazing performer, playing the piano and the guitar as well as singing. He put on an absolutely incredible atmosphere, especially on the song "Ruin" when everyone had their flashlights in the air. I cannot contain my excitement for June next year when I get to see him again on his "Illuminate World Tour" as I know it will be a night I will never forget!


So I hope you enjoyed this rather long post as it was a really fun night in London. Expect more reviews in the future as it is so much fun to reflect upon these fun memories of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment