Content :

Thursday 29 December 2016

My Top Songs Of 2016

In today's final post of 2016, I thought I would show you guys what songs I have listened to most this year as Spotify have hooked me up with a playlist filled with those songs that I have listened to throughout the year (*disclaimer* : I have only chosen songs that were released this year and also only songs that I have listened to as other people use my Spotify account). Anyways, lets get into this 'top 10' of my most listened-to songs of this year.

10 = Alessia Cara - Stars
To start off this countdown we have someone who I only discovered at the beginning of this year but I am now a massive fan of her's. Alessia Cara has had a phenomenal year : releasing her debut album, having immense success with many of her songs and being nominated for several prestigious awards. My favourite of all of her songs though has to be "Stars", hence why it is the only one in this chart. To me, the song has such a powerful message which I feel like I really connect to. This song is an amazing one so listen to it below like I have been doing for this past year...

9 = MNEK - At Night (I Think About You)
Next up we have someone who you all know I love (especially if you read my last blogpost) and "At Night" is honestly one of MNEK's best songs. The reason why I love it so much is because it is just so catchy and one song that you will want to listen to over and over again. In addition to this, the beat accompanying it is one that will make you want to dance and with MNEK's insane vocals, it just makes the song an amazing track. MNEK has really started to emerge into the spotlight this year and I hope his progression as an artist never slows down as his music is incredible!
8 = Little Mix - Shout Out To My Ex
Little Mix are one of my favourite artists and this year has been better than ever for the four girls. "Shout Out To My Ex" went to number one for a whopping four weeks and it proves I have listened to the song a lot as the song only came out in October yet it has charted at eight when I have had the whole year to listen to many other songs. The song is so catchy and it will get you singing along whenever you listen to it. Little Mix's latest album "Glory Days" is incredible and I hope the rest of their singles from the album are as successful as this one.

7 = Ariana Grande - Into You
Ariana Grande has had a truly phenomenal year this year with her album "Dangerous Woman" having global success and having continuous awards throughout the year. I actually have two of the American singer's songs on this chart as I have been loving her so much this year. The first of which is "Into You" which I am sure you will have all heard of as it has been literally everywhere. The reason why I love the song is the fact that Ariana has such vocal control throughout the track which really amazes me. Have a listen below to see whether you agree...
6 = Selena Gomez - Me & The Rhythm 
2016 has been both an amazing and a terrible year for Selena Gomez with the singer releasing her most successful album to date but also checking into rehab after suffering depression. I am happy to now say that Selena has recovered and can now get back to performing her hits. "Me & The Rhythm" is one of my favourite Selena Gomez songs as it is so chilled out but it also makes you want to dance. When a beat like that is accompanied by great and catchy vocals, it makes for a great song which is why you should really listen to this infectious pop track; I have certainly been listening to it a lot this year!

5 = Mura Masa - What If I Go
In fifth place we have probably the most unknown artist on this countdown but "What If I Go" is a song that I have been listening to all year, hence why it is in this countdown and was actually featured on my very first "7 Songs That You Should Listen To" post. To me, the song is just so catchy and it will always have you bopping along, whatever mood your in! Mura Masa definitely deserves more recognition as he is one of my favourite DJs in the music industry right now. After reading this post, I would strongly recommend that you check his music out as it is honestly great! Listen to "What If I Go" below first though...
4 = Shawn Mendes - Mercy
Just missing out on the top three we have someone who at the beginning of the year was one of my favourite new artists; he is now one of my favourite artists in general. I cannot wait to see him in June next year as I know he will put on an immense show, especially when he sings "Mercy". The reason why I love "Mercy" is because it is so catchy and will have you singing along constantly! Also, when listening to the song, I realised that it really suits my vocals and my range which is probably why it is so high in this countdown. If you have been living under a rock for this year and have not heard this song before, please do below!

3 = Ariana Grande - Be Alright
Claiming the bronze medal we have the second Ariana Grande track in this chart. "Be Alright" is possibly my favourite Ariana Grande song of all time as it is so distinctive and different to any of her other songs. The song sounds very different as it goes down a slight EDM route as the beat drop is practically unforgettable once you've heard it. Ariana also has some incredible vocals in the song which I think really need to be recognised. Listen to the song below to somehow understand why I love it so much...

2 = Drake - One Dance
Just missing out on the top spot we have this year's bestselling song and the song that has been listened to more than any other song globally. "One Dance" is one of those songs that you cannot really criticise as it is so catchy and it will have you bopping along all the time. Drake has had a truly unbelievable year with his album "Views" being one of this year's best, receiving much critical acclaim and many awards, placing respectively high on Rolling Stones' "Best Albums of 2016" list. Listen to the track below if you somehow haven't as I can guarantee you will love it; it did have a whopping fifteen weeks at number one here in the UK, just one week away from equalling Bryan Adams' record for the longest reign at number one!

1 = Clean Bandit Ft. Louisa Johnson - Tears
Finally, in first place we have a song that I expected to be in this chart, but certainly not this high. However, I then remembered how I absolutely adored the song when it came out and then I remembered how many times I have seen Clean Bandit or Louisa Johnson this year (meaning the song was in my concert playlist) and then I totally understand why the song is number one. Ever since the song came out, it really showcased Louisa Johnson's truly insane vocals which was needed on what was her first single. This made me fall in love with the singer as her voice is undeniably brilliant. I then met the singer a month later in an ice cream parlour randomly and she was so wonderful and nice! It was things like these that made the song stay in my playlist for the majority of the year and get the top spot in this chart. Also, the song is so catchy and will have you constantly singing along! You need to give this song a listen below whenever you can...


Before I end this rather long post, I thought I would just recap on my top ten albums of the year. These are all albums that I have been singing along to all yer and they are all truly unforgettable. However, as I have done a blogpost very similar to this a while back, I will only be listing the albums as this post is already extremely long.

10 : Back From The Edge by James Arthur
9 : Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande
8 : Views by Drake
7 : 24k Magic by Bruno Mars
6 : Darkness & Light by John Legend
5 : Know It All by Alessia Cara
4 : Illuminate by Shawn Mendes
3 : Glory Days by Little Mix
2 : Blond by Frank Ocean
1 : Lemonade by Beyonce

So I hoped you enjoyed the very last blogpost of 2016 as it was a fun reflect upon my favourite songs and albums of this year. I hope to carry this on annually so hopefully I will see you this time next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment