Content :

Friday 23 December 2016

7 Songs You Should Listen To Pt.9

Hello and welcome to what is my most popular post on this blog. Today I will be showing you seven more songs that I think are amazing in the hope that you will think the same. I hope you enjoy them!

Louis Tomlinson & Steve Aoki - Just Hold On
This first song is actually a song that is already at the top of the charts but I just had to put it in here as it means quite a lot to me. Throughout the song there are such emotional, personal and meaningful lyrics which I feel like I can really relate to. The factor that makes this song stand out though is the catchy beat alongside those lyrics as it transforms which should be a 'depressing' song into a slightly happier one. This song has really helped me (emotionally) so please give this a listen if you haven't already...


Empire Cast (Sierra McClain) - Black Girl Magic
Since I started watching it last year, I have been utterly in love with the show Empire and how its so thrilling yet musical. There are many songs from the show that I could put in here but I chose the song "Black Girl Magic" as it is both extremely catchy and very empowering. The track is one of those songs that you will always find yourself bopping along to and it also sounds almost identical to the artist Ciara who I am a massive fan of. So, listen to the track below and watch the show whenever you can!

Leon Bridges - Mississippi Kisses
Next up we have someone who I discussed in the last instalment of this series and I cannot express how much I love him and his music (especially his album "Coming Home" where I love every single track). Anyways, the song "Mississippi Kisses", just like "Brown Skin Girl", is just so catchy and will have you singing along. What makes this song stand out though is the fact that it is actually a little cheeky with youthemisms scattered all the way through it all. If you are interested in music like the Motown genre but want to stay current, try listening to Leon Bridges as he is incredible in my eyes!

Kiera Weathers - You Gotta Be
The next song is by an artist who you possibly may remember from the X Factor two years ago. Kiera Weathers made it to the live shows in X Factor not so long ago and now she is breaking into music with her debut single "You Gotta Be". The song has a very strong and powerful message about how you have got to be your own person and make your own decisions which I think is great. She has also managed to eke the song into one that will have you singing it for ages, let alone dancing along to the amazing instrumental. You should really all support this song as it is a great one!

Sinead Harnett - Rather Be With You
The fifth song in this blog is by someone who has never actually featured in a post before even though I have been a fan of her for a long time. Sinead Harnett is an artist who is so unique and independent which I think is why I love her so much. Her song "Rather Be With You" is categorised as 'dance' music but its so 'chilled out' that it sound like nothing that I have ever heard before. The song is also really calming and relaxing yet it will also get you singing along. You really need to start listening to Sinead Harnett's music.

John Legend - Darkness & Light
If you read last week's review you will know that I am completely obsessed with John Legend's new album and this song. The reason why I think "Darkness & Light" is so great is because it is so different to anything else I have heard in a long time! With elements of music genres like R&B and Rock involved, the song is really unique. In addition to this, the high falsetto throughout is truly unbelievable; really showcasing what vocals John Legend is capable of. Give this song a listen below as it would be highly appreciated.

Alessia Cara - Seventeen
Last but certainly not least we have one of my favourite artists who has actually been featured a lot in this series. Alessia Cara's latest song "Seventeen" is amazing because it really shows off her unique voice. The song also is completely honest with lyrics such as "I wish I could freeze the time at seventeen" and for once the instrumental is actually more catchy than the lyrics alongside it - I must say, the lyrics are definitely catchy too though. Lastly, something else that I love about the song is the new video to it, showing Alessia Cara 'ageing' from an adolescent to a pensioner whilst confessing about how she wishes she was seventeen. Have a look...

So I hoped you enjoyed the ninth edition of this series. For the next instalment I have decided to do a 'best of' showing my favourite songs that have been in this series so I hope you have fun reading that when it is posted in the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment